Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Suspected Theft! 2 Morgans@!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 3,129Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member

United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased an 1883 & an 1884 uncirculated gems.
Id been tracking them since last Thursday.
They showed out for delivery in Tuesday..
I never got a message like I usually do stating that they were delivered. They also wernt in my mailbox at 4:15 when I got home from work.
At 8:55 p.m. I got a text message stating that they were delivered, At 4:56 p.m.. I ran out the check the mailbox but there was nothing... The coins were sent in a package requiring signature confirmation by the recipient Yet the Post Office told me that due to the virus the Carrier can sign for it himself and just leave it.. Which is ludicrous... Here I am 2 days later after speaking with the postmaster Who spoke to the Carrier who assured him they were left in the Box. !!!
I told him this morning that I will be filing a police report and he asked me to give them one more day to see if they pop up and let the Carrier speak with the neighbors.. There are way too many red flags.. My neighborhood is extremely safe and we have never had any issues in over 26 years.. I am beside myself with anger..

On top of it my seller did not ensure them because he assumed that a signature confirmation was just as safe if not safer.. At this point I am out some big $$..
I was just curious if anybody else has ever had something like this happen?
Nobody knew this package was coming other than myself,, In my heart I feel that the carrier saw it was a small Somewhat heavy package that required a signature, & then decided to help himself to it.. I asked if there was a GPS scan when the packages were delivered so they could confirm the location and they said no the only time the package was scan was when it left the Post Office..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Pillar of the Community
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had several packages that stated Delivered and then appeared a few days later. Since they were scanned at time of Delivery there is a GPS tag associated with the delivery. If it was delivered to a neighbor the Tag would show that. In my case it was tagged as delivered at the USPS facility so they used the wrong tag (maybe meant to tag arrived at USPS facility). Honestly give them a few days, chances are good it will show up, but you should also file a case with the USPS local facility.

Looking at the time, what most likely happened is that the Carrier got back to base, realized he missed a package, tagged it as delivered and would deliver the next day. This happens all the time.
Edited by hfjacinto
04/15/2021 10:46 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1243 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happens all the time. Although marking a package "delivered" when it is not is basically fraud.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was Tues.
They spoke with him yesterday & he said he put it in my mailbox?
They said it was scanned at the USPS Facility in the morning but not scanned when he left it?
Hopefully it shows up
Pillar of the Community
United States
1845 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had a package from the Mint lost for 2 months after stating it was delivered. Submitted lost package report with USPS. Package showed up opened, but the item was still inside. USPS eventually sent me a "sorry we cant find your package, oh well" email 6 months later eve after I told them multiple times it was delivered. Broken system in need of major overhaul.

Hope your Morgans show up soon!
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On top of it my seller did not ensure them because he assumed that a signature confirmation was just as safe if not safer.
I will be that guy.... go after the seller for a refund. They need to make sure the product is delivered.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4384 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd give the matter another three delivery cycles. If nothing by close of business Monday, open a formal case with USPS. Do any of your neighbors have doorbell cams? Mailbox pirates can be quite clever. Is your letter carrier new, or has been on your route for years?

I had an item acquired through ebay which was marked delivered, but showed up a couple days later at the local post office (where I ended up retrieving it).

Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3921 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Per EBay and PayPal rules if an item is sent sig required and SHOWS delivered the
Seller is not responsible , item is deemed delivered.
Had the exact issue with a buyer a few years back ,
we as sellers were 100 per cent backed by EBay .
The OP issue is with USPS . Sure hope you get your coins!
Edited by Pacificoin
04/15/2021 12:28 pm
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Per EBay and PayPal rules if an item is sent sig required and SHOWS delivered the Seller is not responsible ... The OP issue is with USPS
Stupid rules!

Anarchy!!!
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The problem is I never signed for anything.. It says delivered they don't have my signature confirmation on anything because I never signed.

I just spoke with eBay and they assured me I was 100% covered under liar protection especially on an item that required a signature. They said to try to handle it with the seller and if we can't find a resolution that will step in and 3 days. I was told that it is the sellers responsibility to check up on the items and make 100% sure there in my possession which they are not..... I guess we'll see what happens I don't wanna be a hassle to my seller but I also don't wanna be out a bunch of money...
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds promising if eBay is tilting toward your side. I hope for the best!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3921 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope ...if it shows DELIVERED the seller is absolutely off the hook .
Ebay THE COMPANY may cover you but there is not a snowballs chance in fire they will
Hold the SELLER Responsible .
This is covered under Ebay Seller protection .
Also this .... $750 USD
Signature Confirmation, if the full amount of the payment (including shipping and taxes) is $750 USD or more, a signature confirmation is required. This documentation can be viewed at the shipping company's website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.
Under 750 a signature is not necessary ....just a DELIVERY Scan !
Edited by Pacificoin
04/15/2021 7:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2290 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait a week and then file a police report. That's what eBay required when the same thing happened to me. USPS may help track it down, but they won't give you any money unless it was insured.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
United States
5947 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some random thoughts....

If there is no longer an actual signature at delivery then why is USPS still selling the service to unknowing customers?

Does that particular carrier have an unusual amount of missing packages on their route? 99.9% of carriers are honest ...bad apples do show up...usually "temps".

The USPS can search the carriers hand held scanner data to see the delivery coordinates/date/time that was recorded when the pkg was scanned for delivery. If everything matches up it most likely was snagged out of your mailbox.

USPS offers a free service called Informed Delivery. You can see what you have coming and when it went out for delivery and was delivered. It is helpful.

Doorbell and mailbox cameras can be a lifesaver in more ways than one.

Stay in contact with your postmaster.

Last resort get a post office box.

I hope your coins show up! Good luck!

Valued Member
Canada
229 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best to keep & speak calmly, do regular but not continuous follow ups and remember Hanlon's razor
"Never ascribe to malfeasance that which can be explained by incompetence"

and heed ijn1944 & Westernsky's advice
Pillar of the Community
United States
3012 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The post office is not giving you the straight scoop. The mail carrier is required to scan the package at the signing time when delivered. GPS will tell the location of the scan when the package is signed for by the carrier. If the post office recovers the location of signing, they will not give you that information because they do not want you causing trouble. Check with your neighbors on both sides of your mailbox and ask if they received your package. Also check for an address that has the same street numbers, but a different street name and ask then if they received a package. I been through this 3 times. I located one package, but two packages were never found. All three times the package was a coin.

Also call the Postal Inspectors Office to report stolen mail.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 3,129Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05