Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943/2-P Nickel Found CRH

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 403Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  7:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A cool find of mine from sometime over the past year of CRH.

CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
04/19/2021 7:28 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56997 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Coinfrog!

Safely in a 2x2 now.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50867 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A closer view might show if it is a normal one or is the real deal. Also the location of the mintmark would also be a help as well:

So far on the poster images, I'm not seeing the diagonal line:

That should be there if it is that die or not.
But re-checking it it there. I was looking for that image, but it does appear now as a match.

CoopHome : What to look for on the 1943/2 nickels? Looking closer at this die variety.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/20/2021 09:38 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4416 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super cool find...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
3044 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great CRH find, congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39006 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Air-Tite worthy if you ask me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
493 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find. Love the fish hook look on the "3" of that variety.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, all!

I guess finding one of these is a little bit of a reward for going through so many nickels these past several years!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1349 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool find, That would have sailed right past my eyes...
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9530 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the looks of the wear, it sailed past many. Amazing find in circulation.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the " War Nickel" collection, I have a DDO minor variety on a 44 series, MS 66. Not worth much but it was my first.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Very cool find, That would have sailed right past my eyes...

Dearborn, it actually did sail right past my eyes the first time - went into my new " War Nickel CRH find rolls"... but then when I was organizing and putting them into rolls by date and mint some weeks ago, I decided to take a closer look at all of my 43-Ps I had recently found just to see if I might have one, and there it was!

Quote:

By the looks of the wear, it sailed past many. Amazing find in circulation.

Thanks, TNG... At least I got it before it plunged below the G/VG range. Yes, you just never know. I've had quite the crazy year in 2021 with my CRH finds so far.
Edited by John77
04/20/2021 7:47 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 403Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05