Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 American Silver Eagles

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 994Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11125 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  10:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
We all know by now (right?) that the U.S. Mint completely redesigned the reverse of the American Silver Eagle (ASE) and updated the obverse for 2021. So, how many ASEs will it take to complete the 2021 "set"? Here's how I see it so far:

W Proof Type I
W Proof Type II
S Proof Type II
W Uncirculated Type II
Bullion Type I (thanks, hfjacinto)
Bullion Type II
W RP Type ?
S RP Type ?

Now the question is, what will happen with the 2-coin RP set? About all I can tell from the product page is that it will have an S and a W coin. Do we assume that is two Type II RPs?

Either way we are looking at 8 coins to complete a 2021 set.

+============================+
edit: added Bullion Type I, W RP and SRP to the list and adjusted total # for the set from 7 to 8.
Edited by CelticKnot
05/26/2021 1:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3654 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2021  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You forgot Bullion Type 1
Pillar of the Community
United States
6369 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  02:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Listed in the mint product schedule, American Eagle silver reverse two coin set. add two more to the list.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11125 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You forgot Bullion Type 1

Added, thanks. I haven't even shopped for bullion ASEs this year yet so didn't know there are T1 and T2 versions.

Quote:
Listed in the mint product schedule, American Eagle silver reverse two coin set. add two more to the list.

Yep, mentinoned that in the OP. Wasn't sure if they were going to be a mix of T1/T2 or all T2 or what. I added them as "?" to the list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3654 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Added, thanks. I haven't even shopped for bullion ASEs this year yet so didn't know there are T1 and T2 versions.

I have the 1986 to 2021 ASE bullion set, its the last space in the Dansco album :)

Pillar of the Community
United States
2300 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, how many ASEs will it take to complete the 2021 "set"?

For me, the answer is 2 - bullion type 1 and bullion type 2.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1502 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for me the answer is the two coin RP set. that's it, US MINT TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
for me the answer is the two coin RP set. that's it, US MINT TAKE MY MONEY!!!!
That is the one I want.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I see (and dislike) on TV everyday are the dealers selling 'specialized' slabbed ASE's with "Pre-Release", First Day of Issue", and "only available from me" labels. They constantly push out that MUST have one as they are the best and rarest releases.
They seem to flow out of their warehouses but I'm thinking (and hoping) the only sales have been to non-educated collectors.

Do any of you here at CCF view any of those type of ASE's of any extra value? ...and why?
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope. Just give me what I want hot and fresh from the Mint in the OGP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just waiting for the final type 1 reverses to be released. that's where my ASE 'collection' stops.

will there be another type 1 rev. W burnished or S proof? it doesn't look like it. so is the final type 1 reverse going to be one of the coins in the upcoming reverse proof two coin set?

I'm not getting excited about it, just wondering how many are left for me to try to grab.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From 1986 to 2005 I consider a set consists of a bullion coin and proof coin. From 2006 and on they began the bullion, uncirculated, W proof, S proof, reverse proof, special reverse proof, and recently the emergency production. I cannot afford all the variations. So I decided my set would be a bullion coin and a proof coin. Everything else would be a "I can't afford that or Got it at a really good price."
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is more of a type set. I have a bullion, a proof, a reverse proof, and a privy proof. I think the two coin set would make for a nice addition, but I doubt I will ever attempt a full set.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11125 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MrPink, unless there's a Type 1 in the 2-coin set, I think we've seen the last of the Type 1's with the W proof and bullion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  02:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think we've seen the last of the Type 1's with the W proof and bullion.

i think you're right about that, Celt, as far as the regular yearly issues (4 different lately) are concerned. all year I have been watching the mint's product page for all the ASE listings. earlier in the year it was hard to tell exactly which coins were what, and there initially were numerous coins listed with tentative release dates. I gave up trying to figure them out. as time has gone by, the listings have changed. i'd been waiting to see if there'd be one last burnished coin and/or one last S proof. doesn't look like that'll be the case, so the type 1 reverse on the burnished coin will have run from 2006-2008 and 2011-2020, and the S proofs 2017-2020, unless the mint somehow throws a curveball. I can't imagine how that could happen & I hope it doesn't.

Quote:
unless there's a Type 1 in the 2-coin set

from hfjacinto's 2-08 poll-post re: the upcoming 2-coin reverse proof set:

Quote:
Its supposed to 1 Mercanti Heraldic Eagle reverse (type 1) and 1 new flying eagle reverse (type 2). Both are Reverse Proof, as to who makes which, I don't know.

if that's the case, it looks like just 1 more coin with a type 1 reverse is coming as one of the reverse proofs in that new set. hallelujah. I'm stopping my ASE collection with the end of the type 1 reverse. I'm really worn out by all the ASEs every year. 4 is too many (W & S proofs, burnished, bullion). i'll go for the set just so I can get that last type 1 reverse coin, but i'll get it on the secondary market. i'll buy it from somewhere, but not from the mint. it'll get paid for with saved-up street money, along with one of the others that i'll also have to go after for a complete set of type 1 reverse ASEs. a couple of them will be projects I won't rush to get into. I jumped on the ASE wagon with every intention of assembling a complete set and I'm going to stick with that plan. thankfully I now have a stopping point.

(...and since the end of the type 1 reverse ASE is nigh, I can now turn my attention back to my Lincoln Wheat cent folder (joy). I need the big 3 there and I just recently paid off my credit card knowing this day was coming. I can now go after those big 3 LWC. at last, at last, I have been patiently waiting and waiting. I am happy for the change. I am happy that the mint has provided me with a nice jump-out point.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1720 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What I see (and dislike) on TV everyday are the dealers selling 'specialized' slabbed ASE's with "Pre-Release", First Day of Issue", and "only available from me" labels. They constantly push out that MUST have one as they are the best and rarest releases.
They seem to flow out of their warehouses but I'm thinking (and hoping) the only sales have been to non-educated collectors.

Do any of you here at CCF view any of those type of ASE's of any extra value? ...and why?

I go by three basic rules of thumb. 1) Buy the coin and not the holder. 2) If you can't tell the difference between two coins by looking at them, then they are the same. 3) Having a complete set never requires the use of a certification service. The special labels are just schemes thought up by the certification services to get people to purchase their products. Some of these special labels do sell at a premium, so there is demand for them. However, they have no value to me. I'd rather spend my money on coins. I'd put my complete (except for the 2021 bullion that I'm missing) ASE collection up against any 69/70 set from the 3rd party grading services.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 994Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05