Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Shops In Sydney

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 370Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3727 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  08:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
An acquaintance of mine who recently moved to the Sydney area is looking for reputable shops in the area to visit. His initial interest is Gold Kangaroos. Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18725 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I occasionally visit Noble Numismatics in Macquarie Street. I have known the owner of the business before he began it, decades ago.
Via their internationally recognized numismatic auction business in Sydney and Melbourne, they sell up to AUD $10 million in numismatic and associated items per year.

BTW, there is a coin show at Petersham Town Hall Sunday 30th May, (the date of this post, Sydney time). Just past Midnight now, I will be going to it in the morning.

There are other coin shops around Greater Sydney.
Google search:
'Sydney coin shops' You will find all of them and where thy are located around Sydney.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3727 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent, thank you! Enjoy the show!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8912 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought some coins from Downies (Town Hall Coins & Collectables) when I was last in Sydney in February 2019, and was very happy with them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
662 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also don't forget I.S.Wright out at Camperdown,down the road from Central Railway Station.

Shopfronts for Coin/Stamp Dealers have all but vanished in Sydney,they were on every corner and Arcade back in the 1960/70's along with all Sydney Suburbs having at least 2,times have sure changed.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=l...=hd:;si:;mv:[[-33.7455184,151.2927253],[-34.0569956,150.7170794]];tbs:lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10

http://www.iswright.com.au/
Learn More...
United States
20057 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@KK, the thread is now a couple years old, but you might find something on Sydney from @ultrarant's "coin shopping around the world" thread:

http://goccf.com/t/261670
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1074 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a couple of bullion dealers in the city they should have stock of that coin (I've never used them) if your shopping might have to look around for the lowest premium, I would be wary of the jewellery/pawn store as I don't know if they have way of detecting fakes.

We shall see what people have to sell at coin show, hopefully find something exciting, still I don't think you be able to effective stop people from touching surfaces, if a kids can get their hands on proof coins.
Edited by ryurazu
05/29/2021 10:11 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 370Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05