Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

P/L 1884 O Morgan Cleaned?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 624Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
472 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  12:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sidekick-CA to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
MS or Details Cleaned? This is a raw coin so I don't know for sure what the TPG's would say. My own opinion is cleaned.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2303 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks natural and PL to me, though I'm not an expert.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59431 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a beautiful original cameo coin to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
864 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it will straight grade to me. there are a couple scratches on the obv,but shouldn't stop it.
Nice frosted devices as well.
Edited by suipakpaikungfu
06/06/2021 1:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2653 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing any obvious signs of cleaning either. Possibly MS64 PL
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10352 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 84(O)'s were some of the best strikes at N.O. this one is pretty good. you have some nice luster all around. the blotchy toning may be hiding some surface marks etc but the fields look PL to me. MS64PL possible CAM
Pillar of the Community
United States
3073 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks MS64 PL, but the PL and DMPL designation can not be accurately graded from photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4801 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. MS64 PL resonates with me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5027 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks straight to me. A beauty for sure.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Edited by CoinHunter27
06/06/2021 9:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My own opinion is cleaned

Nobody here thus far has said cleaned...something you're seeing in hand that we're not?
I'm not a Morgan guy...but I would also agree...MS-64PL
Cool one!
smat
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2142 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2021  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. The lines I see in the fields look like die polishing marks to me. I can't see anything that would hold this one back from a straight grade. I'll join the MS-64PL parade. This one could go DMPL, but that's almost impossible to determine from photos. Again, really nice coin.
Valued Member
United States
472 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sidekick-CA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess I'll go with the prevailing opinions then. Was looking at the field in front of Anna's face. Possible vertical cleaning swipes. Thanks all. Kinda put my mind at rest. To slab or not to slab?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59431 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say 64PL as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1066 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64 PL all day long.
24 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 44dovers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say 63pl. Really not liking those deep scratches in front of libertys face
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say MS63 PL, potentially DMPL. Yes, I would have it slabbed.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 624Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05