Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strange US Mint Token Found CRH. Need Help To Identify

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 441Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  3:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I found this in a bank box. It says us and it looks modern so I posted this here. My scale is not operational so I dont have a weight. Same size and seems to be on a copper cent planchet. Thanks in advance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4782 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that's a legit Denver mint token, found in uncirculated mint sets years ago.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are also collectible on their own. A few bucks, like regular coinage dependent on condition.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59393 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been looking for a hobby.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Token was last produced in 1999, I believe, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It weighs out 2.580. Battery's was the only thing out in my scale. I wonder how it got into that box?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1777 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These were in every regular mint set from 1984 to 1998. There are many ways they can accidently be put into circulation because they are made on zinc cent planchets.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2291 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've been looking for a hobby.

I have been told that coin collecting makes for a good hobby, Coinfrog
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Valued Member
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Allegedly you can drop these tokens into a coinstar machine and it accepts them as a penny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They do weigh the same. That's what coin star bases the denomination on.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 441Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05