Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dearborn's Completed Jefferson Nickel Dansco Album With All Proofs Included

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,027Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3081 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well I completed my nickel Dansco album. I managed to get all f\proofs minted for this series. I have some of the older ones slabbed, and some I placed into the album if it weren't slabbed. The coin you see in the Whitman folders are the Phily Business coins that were displaced by the proofs. I plan to 2x2 them as soon as I get a heavy duty flat crimp stapler.

simultaneously, I had been working on my Lincoln Cent Albums, and will be done very shortly.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2433 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set! Congratulations
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15869 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set of Jeffs , but why are you putting proofs next to business strikes ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Wonder what your first acquisition was for this set? Also, no spot in the album for the 2020-W?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2433 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking about the 2020w. Maybe it should be in one of the open holes?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3081 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice set of Jeffs , but why are you putting proofs next to business strikes ?

Well the 8100 series albums are designed around having the proofs included, So, the early years I placed in the proof coin in place of the Business when both strikes were pressed out, keeping in sync with the more recent years. just a choice I guess.

EDIT - I did the same to my Ikes, Kennedy's and Washington's - Just continuing the trend
Edited by Dearborn
07/07/2021 7:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3081 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was thinking about the 2020w. Maybe it should be in one of the open holes?

I forgot about the 2020-W - that coin is with my mint set as delivered and assembled by the mint
Pillar of the Community
United States
3081 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice! Wonder what your first acquisition was for this set?

No idea what my first was, that would have been a few years ago - like in the 1970's time frame
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4978 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol. Just a 'few' years ago. Nice job on completing the set. Looks fantastic!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
3081 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all.

Up next: Lincoln Cents (complete with as many proofs I can get (probably won't ever have the 1909 to 1916's, but from 1936 on up is fair game for me..

Pillar of the Community
United States
2433 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to it.
Learn More...
United States
20591 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work on assembling this collection @dear!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2433 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice set. Congrats on getting it completed and look forward to your Lincoln's.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4853 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait a second, just wait a dog gone picken minute.......Where's the 2020 W Proof...

Congrats with just 1 to go......to photograph

Edited: OK after posting...I read the responses...Never mind..
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Edited by Greasy Fingers
07/07/2021 10:17 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60745 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3081 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,027Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05