Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Number One Grail Coin Acquired!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,781Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41337 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were more than one variety that year, which one is yours?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mavs2583 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already have my #2 coin (2009 Ultra High Relief), so after that I would LOVE to get the following:

A U.S. coin from the 1790s with good detail remaining (open to pretty much any style)
Upgrade my 1916-D Mercury to one in at least XF40 condition
1893-s Morgan dollar in at least VF30 condition

So in other words, luckily for me I have the most expensive one out of the way haha. I'm hoping to complete a full set of Mercury dimes (I'm about 70 percent done) and a type set (one of each U.S.A. coin released to the general public).

My coin here is the 1804 with the small 8, so it's the more "common" of the varieties.
Learn More...
United States
20960 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A spectacular pick-up. Well done!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
9955 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed! Congrats!!!!
1883-O Nut
Learn More...
United States
105091 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1413 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning example!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic acquisition! I currently have no pre-1834 gold coins in my U.S. type set as of yet, but definitely something on my radar.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Eagle_Eye

Quote:
No editing of posts ?

There is an edit icon you'll see at the top of your post. Looks like a page with a pencil on it. If you make an edit, at the bottom of the post you'll see a little note to that effect (like on this post, which I edited ).
Edited by hokiefan_82
07/30/2021 4:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
105091 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is an edit icon you'll see at the top of your post. Looks like a page with a pencil on it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
317 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! You should be VERY proud!

Enjoy!!!!!

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
3377 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding coin, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7291 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice indeed.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1002 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VERY NICE!
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
5649 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Superb. Perhaps the inspiration for the character 'Yeoman Rand' on the original star trek series--1st season.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,781Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05