Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modified 5 Korona 1906 Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 265Next Topic  
Spain
14 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add europecollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good afternon. It seems a modified coin, but, is it possible? I have made a little research and it looks that the 1906 coin always have the king with rounded head. Any opinnion about this coin? YOu can see a rounded shape under the 6 number.

Spain
14 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add europecollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin have a weight of 23,75 grams
Pillar of the Community
United States
541 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Turns out this is a valuable key date from Hungary, NGCcoin website has a value of 3500 dollars for it. Yours looks to be about a VF+/EF condition.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1076 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could well be that the '6' has been modified from another number.
Spain
14 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add europecollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Turns out this is a valuable key date from Hungary, NGCcoin website has a value of 3500 dollars for it. Yours looks to be about a VF+/EF condition.

I really want the coin to be authentic, but look at the detail under the 6 number. I uploaded 2 more pics to show it better. It looks like a little rounded lifted shape under it, I dont know how to explain it better. Is it possible for someone to modify a coin melting silver and add or modify a 6 later?

Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are right to be worried. The area seems disturbed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
541 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could be an alteration based on the photos I see, but interestingly I'm not making out any tooling marks about that 6 digit, though I see what looks to be a scratch through the 6.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2442 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought from the 6th photo that it looked like it had been 1900.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3375 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see the concern and I would ask for a refund especially if you paid big money for it.

The field is disturbed and that's never a good sign.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4231 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is quite possible that the date was changed. Some people are really good at this
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 265Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05