Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

George Herbert Walker Bush Coin And Chronicles Set

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 3,621Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United States
378 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  6:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. Been waiting for it seems like a year
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11362 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No question I will be adding this one to the collection. The actual question is how to budget for it after all the Morgans, ASEs and the Peace dollar. Sheesh!!
Edited by CelticKnot
08/17/2021 7:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1118 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$120...wow
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11362 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$120...wow

Defintely some sticker shock there... yeah. But this is what we're dealing with with the Mint these days. Huge price increases. The 2016 Reagan C&C set was $68.95 for reference. It contained an ASE vs a silver medal but otherwise similar makeup.

By the way... my jaw just dropped when I realized that the last C&C set was released 5 years ago. Wow.
Edited by CelticKnot
08/17/2021 11:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1554 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a $51.05 price increase....talk about sticker shock.

The 2016 set included:
One 2016 Presidential $1 Reverse Proof Coin struck at the United States Mint at San Francisco
One 2016 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin struck at the United States Mint at West Point
One 1 inch Ronald and Nancy Reagan Bronze Congressional Medal struck at the United States Mint at Philadelphia (no mint mark)
One engraved Ronald Reagan Presidential portrait produced by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing
One booklet including images from Ronald Reagan's life and Presidency

I believe that 47,447 sets were sold.

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-r...n-october-11

Bush set will have:

The set includes a George H.W. Bush Presidential $1 Reverse Proof Coin and Silver Presidential Medal, postage stamp, Barbara Bush First Spouse Bronze Medal, and biographical booklet with colorful images.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-and...sh-20PA.html
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is going to be an expensive week since they moved the American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set release date to the preceding Monday.

I am still in. $120 is steep, but dang, it "completes the set."
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I exactly predicted the price on my personal budget planner as $120 for this one. Expensive.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, I exactly predicted the price on my personal budget planner as $120 for this one.

I was thinking $100 for sure, but I should have known it would be $120.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11362 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am still in. $120 is steep, but dang, it "completes the set."

My position exactly. Oh well, it's just money, right?
Edited by CelticKnot
08/18/2021 10:55 am
Valued Member
United States
378 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What make this one more special then the other ones, made it cost this much? https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-and...uct-schedule Thanks
Edited by Reno32
08/18/2021 2:00 pm
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My position exactly. Oh well, it's just money, right?
Yup. Better this that some less acceptable vices.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1760 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What make this one more special then the other ones, made it cost this much?

Nothing other than they just raised the price. Look at the sale prices of other sets on eBay. Sets that have less mintage are selling for far less. Take the Johnson reverse proof Coin and Chronicles set for example. It had a mintage of 25,000. It sells in the $65 range. The Truman and Eisenhower sets go for more than $120, but they both only had a mintage of 17,000. When the Truman set came out the household limit was five, so I got five. Then they changed the household limit to two for all since and that's what I have been buying. Now this set has a household limit of one. I guess that I'll have to buy one later. I can't imagine the price on these staying up at $120 given were the other sets are.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they keep lowering the household limits in order to keep more product available for the dealers to buy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
998 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw that the HHL was increased from 1 to 10.? This doesn't make sense at all as these will be gone in 2 minutes...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1760 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and there are only a hair over 20k available. I have no idea what they're thinking, but they absolutely don't understand their market.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 104 / Views: 3,621Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: