Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 Cent - Sheer Silliness

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 812Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4540 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This is about the most outrageous offering I've ever seen, on any number of levels....

See: https://www.etsy.com/listing/106987...44da6f033a87

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nemlas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Etsy is full of damages coins with huge price tags.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64381 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oughta be a law.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16518 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone messaged the seller yet .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21595 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is about the most outrageous offering I've ever seen, on any number of levels....

Spend 30 minutes on Etsy and you'll find a dozen worse than that one.

Etsy keeps nagging me to be an affiliate for them. They want to pay me to send clicks to their coin listings. I keep telling them no and why.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64381 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good for you.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3350 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a list below of several other lots, all modern coins that are so called rare errors. I actually wonder if Greg has sold anything?

No one in their right mind would buy that coin, or any of his other junk.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6779 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it IS 'double dyed'. Dyed is even more rare that die.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1408 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In its own unique () way, it's kind of entertaining to look through his ads.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add booker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have heard that Etsy prices are a way to launder money.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Redneck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didnt see what color it was double dyed lol
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16518 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just message the seller and ask him how many of those 1944 pennies would he like to buy for 3 apiece .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It has no Mint Mark; It is Double Dyed; & it has Scratches & Gouges on the Obverse.

No mint mark - meaning that no mint made it = rare!
Doubled Dyed - Pre cursor to the '60's Tie Dyed = Forward thinking for that era = RARE!
Scratches - well - it has some = almost rare
Edited by Dearborn
12/05/2021 5:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just message the seller and ask him how many of those 1944 pennies would he like to buy for 3 apiece

The seller states that he does not buy coins. I'm assuming that he gets them from the mint that has no mark
Edited by Dearborn
12/05/2021 5:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9810 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
His listings are unbelievable. He says proudly "I have had a passionate interest in Coins since I was young & this interest continues as well as the drive to keep learning".

Maybe he should join Coin Community Forum to learn a bit more about the real value of coins and how to recognise errors!
Learn More...
Australia
14024 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oughta be a law.

To quote Dilbert's boss: "There's no law against optimism". And I think we all agree, that's a pretty optimistic ask price.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 812Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: