Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 Wheat Penny Is This A Die Crack?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 456Next Topic  

Sweden
23 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Muffun to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've never had one so I'm not quite sure. Is that what this is called. I'm American living in sweden my husband collects Swedish and I obv collect American he bought me this in a book with a penny collection for really cheap.i was honestly surprised by the quality of the coins in it. I came across this it was just labeled like a normal coin but there's like an extra piece on his hair. The back is weird cause it has a nice rainbow tone but also rough looking. Just hoping someone can tell me if this is a die crack or something else and if the back is environmental damage. I took in 2 different lights its not very easy to capture the tone but it is very nice.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6087 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a die chip above the forehead and the reverse shows staining,considered environmental damage.
to Community.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67704 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7437 Posts
Sweden
23 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Muffun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much how exciting! My first. Really appreciate it too bad for the environmental damage but happy nonetheless
Pillar of the Community
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Muffun in Sweden.

Just curious. Is this a crack completely connected to the die chip?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1373 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like a die chip, listed on the cuds on coins website as DC-1c-1952-03. http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...k-1909-1958/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57409 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Above that it maybe damage from a coin wrapper because it is incuse mark on the coin. (On the arrow at 2:00)

Probably the reverse side of the coin got wet and altered the color in the album. (no way to fix it now without ruining the value of the coin more)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8049 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lump on the head. Better lighting on the photo might tell us a little more.
Sweden
23 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Muffun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe this is better
Sweden
23 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Muffun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57409 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The affected areas above the Motto's devices are showing extreme die wear. The more you experiment, the more things you can figure out.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 456Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: