Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 P Dime Lamination Error?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 646Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Livenlearn02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Learn More...
United States
23237 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an odd region on the reverse. I wonder if this coin was struck through a hunk of gritty grease. It doesn't look like damage to me, but I'm interested to see what others think.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2300 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the end of 2018 year till now foliations could be not see on the face of any coins. If happened like this, could be strike through or clad default.
Edited by silviosi
01/27/2022 8:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I think we are all thinking this happened at the mint, I do to; it just looks like the workers may have die polished about the olive, torch, and oak, leading up to the strike-thru.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14668 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't be a lamination, looks like it is a Struck Through
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2300 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strike through is happened at the Mint. Over-polis Die? I question because between leaves an E it is incuse.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7408 Posts
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Livenlearn02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone, yes Dearborn it looks that way to me.
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Livenlearn02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2300 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dear, interesting point of view. I see the lines there but the fingers marks for the modern new coins? me I do not elaborate till I do not read a study of.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3774 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Feeder finger die damage through the torch and branches plus a strike through in the upper oak branch.

Cool combo, purely coincidental too.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a combo of two errors, cool find!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2300 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tan. You know a lot. For me Feeder Finger for 2019?. Sorry maybe I miss something. I know you has information's, and me I want to read also. What I know and see in Phil. (no right to look at all parts of the new B-Roll strike end. Due to what I saw and spook with the engineers, the coins are positioned on a roll band at 90 deg. and then fall in the collar (one is vertical and the collar is horizontal). Those two are round bands, from this is come the name.

Everybody talk about Feeder fingers, but for me is a dark where are located? Can you give a light please?

PS. This answer it is not for this post. SORRY, have two dime in different parts and same topic of Feeder Fingers.
Edited by silviosi
01/27/2022 11:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8061 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool double error!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3774 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2300 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Tan,
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 646Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: