Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 D - Lincoln - DDO / DDR - Cud On Reverse

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 913Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
166 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  8:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Cool find today

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just plating issues. Keep looking!
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11045 Posts
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@makecents - I respectfully disagree. It's DDO.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
K. Respectfully.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71623 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty normal looking coin to me, not seeing any die doubling.
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will keep you guys updated. I am sending this one line for grading.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9328 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bigwho808... Please let us know what the grading outcome is.

Is the DDO you observe listed/noted by any of the sites like variety vista, copper coins, wexlers, others? Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9216 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one a DDO? No. I see no doubling, sorry. Save your money. Pass on getting it graded.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't see anything other than a regular 84.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46500 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the others that it is not a doubled die at all and no CUD. Please keep us updated. Thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  06:10 am  Show Profile   Check bugil46's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save your money
Not worth grading.
Normal with linear plating issues and
bubbles.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bigwho.... before you send your coin off for grading, I highly recommend you take the coin into your local coin shop/dealer & get their opinion. I have to agree w/ everyones assessment, not seeing any doubling.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59557 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a normal die example. What spread are you seeing on the devices? The areas you are looking at are just contact marks on the tops of the devices. In order to be a doubled die, there needs to be spread seen on the devices.
http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...201984-D.htm
Look at the dates on these DDO listings. Yours look nothing like that. Your coin is normal.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
166 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigwho808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate everyone's input and looking out. I am thinking of sending it to ANACS - it won't be too expensive if it's a bust - no biggie. I am going with my gut on this one. We'll see how it goes.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you take your coin into your local dealer & they confirm its not a doubled die.... the money you'd save by not getting it graded, you could buy a real error coin from them, it'd be a win/win for both. But good luck, let us know the ANACS outcome.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 913Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: