Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 Lincoln Memorial Cent- DDO-002 FS-102 And Off Center

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 925Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
5812 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was an eBay cherrypick for just under $12- one of my rarest and most unique so far. Correctly listed as an off center but they missed the DDO. Likely a one-of-one coin and pretty fantastic to have in the collection. The only downside with this piece is it looks like someone wiped the date with a cloth. A shame for sure, but still an extremely rare error/variety combo and glad to have it! This one will likely be getting an acetone bath to help it out.

Lots of makers for this variety so I included some that weren't pictured on other sites in my images. Looks like an unlisted stage B on V.V.:

http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...3PDDO002.htm

This PCGS MS67 example shows off the unlisted reverse markers very well for this die state (look at the die scratches in the memorial at bay #3):

Thanks for taking a look!

-CH27

Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Learn More...
United States
24813 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and pretty fantastic to have in the collection.

That is way cool @coin. Well done for $12.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46606 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad,I would not worry about the wipe. Maybe an acetone bath though?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great grab on a fantastic twofer, congrats!
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
4988 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
12 bucks well spent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5812 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! John, this one's on the list for a bath!

-CH27
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71772 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great buy, congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a great pick, congrats!
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Pillar of the Community
United States
5812 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Frog, CoinHI!

-CH27
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11118 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pick! nice DDO, but I like the reverse even better. That nice big die crack from the rim to the corner then on to other points unknown in the memorial. Also lots of polishing lines (vertical) between the columns, then more (horizontal) between the memorial and the FG initials - thinning the F quite a bit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9366 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent photos.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Outstanding find. I wish I had that luck. I do love the Lincolns.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5812 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all!

Dearborn, the reverse sure has a lot going on. So many die polishing marks it almost looks like hairlines in the full coin photos, but it's all die scratches. They really went to work on the reverse. Crazy!

DaRukus660, this is certainly a very rare and likely unique piece. It was a big stroke of luck that this went unnoticed until now and that I was able to spot it when I did. In time I'm sure you'll find some rarities of your own! Thanks for the kind words!

-CH27
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  06:36 am  Show Profile   Check bugil46's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find
Pillar of the Community
United States
5812 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you bugil46!

-CH27
Pillar of the Community
United States
3287 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a great find.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 925Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: