Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1891 S Morgan For Thoughts

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 525Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  9:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one has A semi prooflike reverse with lots of Die Polishing Lines .
My thought is its AU-58 but very near Unc
Again reverse has heavy die polishing
Upon review looks like VAM 15 to me

Edited by JasonKflo
08/13/2022 11:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Odee13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at 58
Learn More...
United States
24792 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jas, it is a small thing, but moving forward, please include all four digits in the date of the title of your threads. Having a complete date improves the search ability of your thread. I'll fix this last batch for you no problem. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
912 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's unorthodox to give your thoughts and opinions first when asking others for theirs.

It will skew things, and TPG companies do not do this.
Edited by NumismaticsFTW
08/14/2022 01:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1137 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  02:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be AU58
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71714 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1149 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's unorthodox to give your thoughts and opinions first when asking others for theirs.

idk...? I often include my opinion when posting a grade request...think it helps me project to others if I'm in the ball park or way off...

I agree...
Really close to Unc (the reverse carries her) but a solid AU-58.

VAM-15
smat
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drmenard to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it has been cleaned to me.
Valued Member
Germany
295 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe its just the pictures but the luster seems to be broken on large parts of the coin. I am saying AU-55.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry did not think of this . I generally like to do this so you all know my thoughts up front so when the coin comes back from grading I know how close I was without being influenced either.
Valued Member
Germany
295 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HP2001PH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the coin is yet ungraded (professionally) I do not see the difference between the grade opinion that is voiced in the original post vs. all the other grade opinions.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1234 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to make an accurate judgement with the photos.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12974 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree with your comment regarding PL reverse. I dont think the obv would make the designation. a tad weak for the year. broken luster both sides. surface preservation imo puts it around AU55. I think its short of 58 as the obv surfaces are not clean enough to warrant the grade
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am at AU-55 as well on this one
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25269 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details, cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse hairline looking marks are die polishing marks on this one.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 525Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: