Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1994 Penny With Die Chips On Columns On Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 286Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sux2butoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sux2butoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure how to price this. It's not the DDO I read about.. can't find this error
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sux2butoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I meant DDR
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16252 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

A die chip is not considered an error and holds no extra value.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59536 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A die chip is a die event. As the dies age, if a price breaks off of the die, it creates a void on the die. When a coin is struck this void is filled with the metal and will be raised above the coins surface. Just a die event that happens as the die ages. Sometimes a die event will happen (Like a die clash or damage to the die) and the coins will show a raised area. On die chips they are ignored as they can't be fixed. Some die events can be rescued. (Clash marks and Feeder Finger Damage). These will continue on the dies until they are retired. So as much as 54% of the coins struck with that die could be seen through out the dies life. So they are a common event and not a premium for the coin.

CoopHome: What is a die event? events that happen during the dies life. some can be rescued, others can't
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/20/2022 12:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9322 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with all above--die chips they are.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9216 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please, no screen shots. Photograph direct camera to coin rather than screen shots.
ša va bien aller

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sux2butoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for feedback. Will figure out the screenshot issue. I am somewhat confused as to die chips and value though. I see them and have sold them as errors on eBay constantly.
Learn More...
United States
116215 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11022 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1787 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF If you're selling them as errors you need to learn what an error is. Just because something sells on ebay doesn't mean it's what it's advertised as. A lot of people trying to separate fools from their money.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9216 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
totally with Cujohn above. Just because you have used the tern "error" when selling them does make it right. It's never too late to learn the correct terminology and do things the right way.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
9216 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Including calling the coin by its correct name, it's a CENT.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
746 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you merclover an american coin is called a cent, not penny. Refer to; 9-15-22, 1941 Penny worn date.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2022  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sux2butoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok . Thanks for pulling your punches. . I'm obviously learning
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: