Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 Penny With Different Surfaces On Obverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 345Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
215 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  3:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add custodian2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1993 reverse Grease Filled Die error I think second opinion welcomed, or is this PMD

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59536 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a common event, of metal movement on this design:
Why do Struck Through Grease errors make the devices wider? grease prevents the deepest devices from being struck
Read the full thread to see the image above I posted above this location with the differences between a Struck Through Grease error and a metal movement error. Below:
http://goccf.com/t/430473#3700423
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add custodian2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
line running across the date on the obverse showing two finishes

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59536 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Linear plating bubble. Not a premium for this coin. Just a striking event.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71609 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a long linear plating bubble as well. Not sure what you mean by "two finishes".
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71609 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very common, as noted.
Learn More...
United States
24749 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cust, best practice is to start only one thread per coin so I've merged your two threads relating to this coin.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add custodian2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but it is the same coin just different angles of coin
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add custodian2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I meant by finishes is below the 1993 line it is smooth above the line it seems to be bubbly. Don't know if that's any help and change the error if any
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11022 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9216 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep searching!
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 345Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: