Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Info For American Silver Eagle Dollar, Please.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 647Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  04:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SavageMa94 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place on here but I was recently gifted a 2021 American silver eagle dollar coin but wasnt given any information about it to go along with so I'm hoping someone can fill me in with the deets on this coin please and thank you in advance.

Learn More...
United States
25483 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place

Fixed.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8527 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of info here: American Silver Eagles Guide. The page provides an overview of the Silver Eagle program - the menu accessed via the icon in the upper right dives down into the details of each issue. You should find everything you need!

I'm curious, your images show a raw coin and (apparently) one that is graded/encapsulated. Which is/are your coin?

All that said, I'm not sure the coins shown are genuine. For one thing, the date on each looks wrong to me. The edge shown also raises some questions for me. I'm sure the experts will be along soon with more definitive opinions.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
09/26/2022 07:30 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neither look genuine. Too many missing details. I doubt it's even silver.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17088 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to say but that is a counterfeit. The "U" in UNITED should have a tail on it.
This is the easiest way to tell a counterfeit from a genuine 2021 dollar.
Edited by JimmyD
09/26/2022 08:08 am
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jakes Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree it appears to be a counterfeit
I've only been collecting for a couple years (2017). Favorite Coin's are Standing Liberty quarters, Working on my type set: "knowledge is power" -Thomas Jefferson | Coffee, Corvettes, Coins & the CCF what could be better?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5476 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The U is the least of the issues. The shield is all wrong. The vertical lines aren't even the same size. There are no horizontal lines, the blob of metal on the shield is supposed to be a feather. And that's just the shield. There are so many issues that this isn't even a good counterfeit.
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the person that gifted it to you Chinese?
Valued Member
United States
474 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that this one appears counterfeit. A normal 2021 American Silver Eagle (Type I) seems to sell around $33-34ish these days if you want a real one or to compare, but is quite a high premium over the current silver spot price of $18.58 today. 2021 is the Final Year for the Type 1 Design on the reverse so some people want this 2021 type I American Silver Eagle for this reason. The 2021 type II has a different reverse. https://www.moneymetals.com/silver-...ounce-coin/9
Edited by datadragon
09/26/2022 4:45 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12322 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First picture just screamed FAKE to me. The designers initials are far too large, the laces on the right shoe (the foot under the IGWT logo) are not right - not enough laces it looks like to me, amongst many other things as mentioned above and possibly more.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 647Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: