Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1931 S Lincoln Wheat Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 592Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  03:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrenes to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
picked this up a while ago and just now looking at it. going to eventually get better pics... the brightness of these pictures are obscuring some details. hoping this was not artificially colored at some point...

Bedrock of the Community
United States
48409 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9138 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the color shown in your photographs is accurate then I concur it is not the natural color of a red cent.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74974 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too much flashback on the obverse pic.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13694 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
get away from any direct light and retake photos. it impossible to determine surface originality. its definitely a higher end piece and maybe MS

Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrenes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
iPhone camera ... different lighting... not sure if this helps...each time I look at this coin I get more into the "questionable color" category.

and as always... THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP!!!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10571 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the images posted, I'm thinking its a legit color--copper being what it is. Very nice example. I'm good with AU55+.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18441 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may have an old cleaning, the surfaces look flat to me.

AU-63
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74974 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2022  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still can't get a solid feel. Something about it just doesn't seem right for an MS coin. I'll pass.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13694 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is there any way you can get a larger shot of the reverse like you did the obv? to me the coin looks MS from obv photo you just posted

heres the best way to get a photo using your phone

1. turn off flash
2. place coin on flat surface with indirect natural light. maybe a window sill in a cloudy day
3. move phone about 3in from coin
4. zoom in using your fingers until the coin comes into focus
5. hold phone steady. if you cant then place something on either side of the coin at that distance and lay phone on top. this will hold it steady and allow you to zoom and take the photo without any blurring
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrenes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cropped and resent reverse... to me, the reverse is normal in hand... no issues with color...(maybe/hopefully the obverse is just a little toned I dont yet have the experience yet to see it)
well, either way, I do love this coin :-)
TY ... will try to take pics your way PANZ
Pillar of the Community
United States
722 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say AU-cleaned, surfaces are off.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26118 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details, cleaned.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
74974 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I lean toward a cleaned AU/Unc coin as well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 592Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: