Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Best 1892 Indian Head Cent!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,224Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  2:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
2561 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
26116 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pige, you will see that I have lightly edited your title to remove language that might be construed as promotional. Why don't you tell us what is special about the cent you have posted? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea what this thread is about.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1239 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Frog and I showed up to the party late!
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most 1892 cents are error coins the reason I mentioned the video that I did was because it covers sales of the 1892 cent errors ms grades and proofs. I like to see variety in this date because their are alot to collect plus I find 1892's in change still so they are out there. Let's see the double dies clipped planchets proofs and MS grades!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1067 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never heard that most 1892 cents are errors, can you elaborate?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.indianvarieties.com lists 21 varieties for 1892, a normal number nowhere near the highest. 1863 and 1906 each have 76 listings. Is there something special about yours?
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just like it came from NFCU on ebay for 28 dollars and was sold as a proof. It's by far the best condition coin I have and it came in a mint case so I just put it in a card board one without removing it from the mint case. It is in a cello. I think that what the case is called cello. I just have never seen one better and am waiting to see the variety. I have found an 1892 cent in change as well. My guess is it is an ms 70 no marks no toning no scratches still in a mint case could be it's second or third who knows. It appears to have never been touched. My guess is some one was paying for it and stopped paying and I got it for what the credit union was still owed because they are nonprofit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1067 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anything about the Indian cent varieties, but I am sure someone on here does. I'd be more concerned about the authenticity first.
Edited by lcutler
12/10/2022 11:47 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just like it came from NFCU

This coin came from Navy Federal Credit Union.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75091 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In any event, varieties are not errors. And trying to think of the last time I found an 1892 in change.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Navy federal was the address on the package I received. The shipping I had to pay for but I forget how much I haven't found many Indian Head cents in change one 1881 p a 1895 p a 1904 p one I found at the top of a roll and asked my dad to coin roll hunt with me so he could find one and he found an 1866 p and the last one I found was an 1892 p. One this doesn't count it was in a register at work and I bought a cheese stick to get it in change it cost me $2.25 but its an extra fine 40 its a 1903 p the others are well worn g4-f12.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2622 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well now I'm suspicious of the whole thing. You're not not going to get an 1892 red proof for $28, let alone from the Navy Federal Credit Union.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,224Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: