Coin Community Family of Web Sites Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Going On With This 2020 Cent. ?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 904Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  07:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've seen thousands of circles of death but this is not one of those because it's not at the same location on the coin. It starts out narrow and gets wider and gets narrow again.

Learn More...
United States
26431 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't heard the term "circles of death" to refer to zinc blisters, but I'm pretty sure that is what you mean. The two spots on the top of the shield look like blisters rather than die chips to me though.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circle of death is reference to the groove a coin gets from the coin roll machine that you see in a lot of coins. It is a circle just at the edge of the coins and it is located at the exact same spot all the way around the edges. This is similar but it's not going down into the metal but the opposite. It's raised up.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3309 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't really tell from the pics but would guess it's residue or maybe a Ridge Ring.
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you are right. Error ref com has it listed as Ridge Ring which falls under "Surface level die deformation errors" which falls under "Exaggerated conventional die wear" which falls under "Die deterioration/deformation errors".
Thx Makescents
Pillar of the Community
United States
1343 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take a cent and put it on the circle. It may be just a stain from another coin that was on top of your coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61687 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse is a stain in a cup holder of a dime on that cent. There is a die chip on the upper left side of the shield (raised. Common to see these on this design). Any contact marks will be incuse on the coin. So this is a normal spendable coin. No premium for damage, stains and die events as minor as the chip. More of an educational piece to train your eyes with.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't delete this topic
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15653 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope you cannot delete a topic once someone adds a reply. But that's ok.
But that Oddguy got it - it is a stain from another coin that was on top of this one, maybe in a cup holder in a car for instance.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah that makes sense.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4743 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2023  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, "circle of Death" !!!! So must be "Circle of Life" also? Logic natural balance.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
49398 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Satchmo64,
Please no screen shots. Please use a memory card in your scope.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not using screen shot. The only way I can take a picture is just using my phone camera. Then I have to crop the pics to get it reduced to the size limit. Scope is not hooked up to internet and my phone is one of those free phone which doesn't have any ports for SD card. This is the way I have been doing it since I got the scope. I don't even have PC to take a screenshot.
Edited by Satchmo64
01/29/2023 06:41 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
49398 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2023  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Satchmo64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah that would be great if I had that phone. I'm on SSI and I'm broke all the time and have to use this free phone with zero bells and whistles. I got the scope when I got my back pay from SSI and get boxes of pennies and go through them because I'm not out the money I just take them back. This is the only way I can do it. I post many pictures on different Facebook groups and none of them have ever had a problem. What is the big deal
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 904Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: