Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Somebody got an unbelievable deal on some Morgans. Wow!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

822 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  10:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Learn More...
United States
23519 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooooh. They sell from scans, not photos. That's an opportunity.

/Adds Favorite Seller
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add remmy1100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might not be that great... just under $40 per coin. I am not sure I would have bit, but I usually do not buy in bulk anyway. There could be some big finds though, you never know.
822 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Might not be that great... just under $40 per coin.

How many MS63 1884-S you got? I'll give you $40 for every one you got right now.
Learn More...
United States
23519 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Might not be that great... just under $40 per coin.

Maybe not great for him, given the depressed state of eBay selling right now, but I kinda like my chances as a buyer.

I'm hoping he dumps them en masse with those nicely-accurate-but-deceptive scans. It's a situation where someone who knows what they're actually looking at, regardless of how the scan looks on the surface, can harpoon some really good ones. Time to dust off my shark fin and head for the water.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3056 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prethen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it looks like a fair deal, nothing too extraordinary. If you're a collector, you got a decent price. If you're looking to resell, you might not do so well.

I think Morgan dollars are a beautiful coin and very collectible. However, they are available by the hoards. I've dealt with buying and selling tons of these guys (mainly raw). An MS63 grade is many times not the most attractive grade and sometimes hard to sell. MS62 is even worse. If you're a dealer, you're going to spend a LOT of time with these coins in your case waiting to find a buyer.
Specializing in 2-3-20 cent pieces and 19th Century Proofs
Did someone mention 3CN?
822 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah you guys are right. Just a somewhat so-so deal.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add big777bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Touche scubu!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3056 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Prethen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I overlooked that there was a special MS in the lot. I guess the seller got ripped or was a complete moron. Normally, 40 BU Morgans are no biggie.
Specializing in 2-3-20 cent pieces and 19th Century Proofs
Did someone mention 3CN?
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add remmy1100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah... I missed biggee in there too. I can see why it was overlooked though. the seller would have gotten more by selling them individually.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2475 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mycrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it possible the 84S is a type? I can't see the actual dates on the ones that are pictured. And what are 84-S MS63s going for, since I could not access those links above?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting anxiously for the feedback to see if there truly was an 1884S in MS63 in that lot....

If so, it's probably the biggest "oops" I've ever seen....
Pillar of the Community
United States
2254 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tights24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And what are 84-S MS63s going for, since I could not access those links above?

It's free to become a member, and then you just need to logon. The auctions Scubu posted were 26K, 15.5K, and 25K respectively, and they were all NGC MS63........
Valued Member
United States
449 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vanbroj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greysheet bid for a ms 63 1884 S is 25,000 Dollars !
Wow , this buyer did get a great deal if everything is legit !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2107 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't think it was a good deal until ya'll pointed out the 1884-S. If that's legit it's a once in a lifetime score.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2010  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add albumcollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an amazing deal for the buyer if there truly is a MS63 1884S in the lot!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05