Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Vietnam War 5 Parts Contest - To Commem "Black April Month"

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 8,905Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2011  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So sorry for the long delay. Too many thing coming and I was overwhelm.

On the Part 3, ONLY Earle42 made a complete entry & XavierOfGreen did made a partial entry. On one else tried, so I guess I will have to end the contest here..... it had been lengthy one. I really appreciated all the efforts and contributions from everyone & I have learned quite a few things from each and everyone of you.

So the result of Part 3: Earle42 (100 points) got first prize and XavierOfGreen got bonus prize.

Grand total (Final):
1st Prize = Earle42 (120 + 105 + 100)
2nd Prize = Tim Stroud (100 + 50 + 0)
3rd Prize = Nod2003 (46 + 0 + 0)
Bonus Prize = wolf-n-wa, Moe, amassey08873, XavierOfGreen

So,

Earl42 had 3 entries, won 3x 1st prize for the 3 elimination round and won 1st prize for the final = 3x 1975 Proof Set (I may have to substitude the year, unless you don't want to) AND 1x Uncirculated Morgan dollar. I need your mailing address.

Tim Stroud had 2 entries, won 2x 2nd prize for 2 out of 3 elimination round & won 2nd prize for the final = 2x 1975 Mint Set (I may have to substitude the year, unless you don't want to) AND 1x Uncirculated ASE dollar. I need your mailing address.

Nod2003 had 1 entries, won 1x 3rd prize & wond 3rd prize for the final = 1x Coins/Currency(ies) during the Vietnam War era (from one of those countries that participated in the war) with the current value of about 5USD AND 1x Uncirculated Franklin half dollar. I need your mailing address

Moe will receive 2x bonus prize for having family member served & partial entry.

Wolf-n-wa & amassey08873 will receive 1x bonus prize each for having family member served

XavierOfGreen will receive 1x bonus prize for partial entry.

I need all of your mailing address.

Last words: I've created this contest to remember those who have fallen and/or sacrified part of their body for the freedom of others, to thanks those who have made it possible for my family and many other have a second chance and to remember those hardships that my family had to go through. Note: The Moving Wall http://www.themovingwall.org/) is traveling around the country, if you have a chance, please check it out and visit it when it get in your town.

My family is considered "political refugee" since my dad was a Lieutentant in the National Police force (nick named "The Control Engine of the South" for preventing the Vietcong from infiltrating the villages and the local political system) and was sent to almost 6yrs in the concentration camp (called "re-education camp" by the Communist) at the fall of Saigon.

Our family went through all the hardship of the 'second class citizents' that's immaginable in a Communist country. The worst part is when I entering school. Because of my dad history, I was being put on the 'black list' - no matter how good I am, I can never be 1st in the class, I have to pay full amount of tution on the first day of each quarter, no exception and no assistant/help from any agencies (when I was in elementary school, one time my parents didn't have enough money to pay, they were waiting to sell some crops; the teachers kicked me out of the class on the morning that I supposed to pay, I was about 6yrs or so, and I had to walk about 2 miles home under the scroting sun - my parent usually picked me up after school and didn't expect what happened - we didn't have any cellphone back then - just in case you didn't know....). My schooling was continued to be hampered by my dad's past until the US created the Humanitairan Operation (nick name "HO") and we able to immigrated here.

The Humanitairan Operation started around 1990. It allowed all those officers of the former Republic of Vietnam who went to concentration of 3+ years and their family to immigrate to the US. We came here in 1994

I am forever graceful for the opportunity that the US and its citizents give us. Without such opportunity, I don't know how my future and the future of our family will be like. We are all US citizents now and we are here to make a different, a better future for the next generation - I am a proud Boy Scout of America Leader for 10+ yrs and my brother is a proud Eagle Scout.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Edited by SA4H
10/14/2011 6:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2011  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally want to thank you for this great learning opportunity. I had always wanted to do more research into this horrible historic event and your contest provided me with that opportunity. I applaud you and your family for what you have endured and am certainly glad you have been able to become part of our nation. I also wish that more native-born US citizens would be able to have the appreciation for our freedoms that people such as yourself show. If more of our people really understood the great land we live in, our problems in this country would be tremendously lessened.

PM sent
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2011  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you get my PM?
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- Prosp long and liver.
Valued Member
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2011  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too bad I am only now seeing this contest. What an interesting idea.

Thank you to all who served or have had loved ones serve. My father was AF and stationed at Goose Bay, Labrador during the Vietnam War as his brother (a pilot, also AF, I believe) was stationed in the theater of war (Vietnam). My younger brother is AF and has served in the Middle East twice already.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2011  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank SilentAsian for the wonderful "excuse" to do some good research and the wonderful prizes he sent me. I hope to post some pics later. He sent me three clad proof sets (1975, 1983, and 1984), and a beautiful Morgan 1883-O (of which I have yet to ID the VAM). I hope to post pics of the Morgan by next week.

Thanks again for this great opportunity and reminder to treasure our American freedoms.
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6298 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2011  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the great prizes SilentAsian sent me.

I like all the proof sets and especially the 1975 b/c I had the '76 3-piece set . Now I have both proofs from that year! And, of course, I love the 1883-O Morgan!

Thanks again for the great contest.

edited for syntax
- Prosp long and liver.
Edited by Earle42
11/02/2011 1:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
602 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2011  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wolf-n-wa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the great learning experience Bruce and sorry for the grief your country men and family had to endure. It was a nasty, needless war. Which one is not though. WOLF
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2011  03:58 am  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wolf.

Beside Earle and Tim, which I've mailed your prize, other winners, please read below:

Nod2003 had 1 entries, won 1x 3rd prize & wond 3rd prize for the final = 1x Coins/Currency(ies) during the Vietnam War era (from one of those countries that participated in the war) with the current value of about 5USD AND 1x Uncirculated Franklin half dollar. I need your mailing address

Moe will receive 2x bonus prize for having family member served & partial entry.

Wolf-n-wa & amassey08873 will receive 1x bonus prize each for having family member served

XavierOfGreen will receive 1x bonus prize for partial entry.

I need all of your mailing address. I will try to get all prizes out to you by Christmas AND close this contest by then. Thanks.
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Edited by SA4H
12/03/2011 04:00 am
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 8,905Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05