Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1932-D Quarter-Photos Added

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2144 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2011  10:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm looking for opinions on this coin. The picture is a little dark but should be good enough to get the general idea. I'm not sure what the dark specks on the obverse are.

I've added several more pictures of the reverse. I wish my photo skills were a little better.

Edited by trdhrdr007
05/30/2011 8:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6094 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2011  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both this and the 32 s look authentic and in an ms grade. If they are for you put them in your albums, if you want to sell them have them slabbed as authenticity is an issue with both these quarters.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5155 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2011  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This 1932-D has little if any wear and in fact seems to have stronger than usual details. Luster however seems completely absent which makes me question how original the surfaces are. Based on lack of visible wear and no significant hits or hairlines it could grade AU-58 up to MS-63. If excessively dipped or otherwise processed it would warrant an AU or MS details grade.

I agree with Muddler on the authenticity concern. The shape of the D mintmark appears correct. There should be many tiny horizontal die polish lines around the mintmark according to PCGS; these are not visible in your image.

It might be worth having NCS work on it to see if they can conserve it back to a more conventional lustrous appearance. It could then be slabbed and graded by NGC if judged problem-free.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2144 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2011  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trdhrdr007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got originality & authenticity concerns about this one myself. It's definitely lacking luster. Unfortunately my poor photography skills are not helping. I'll try to get some better pics up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1348 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2011  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add w1a9c8k5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say another AU. A good set@!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05