Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bicentennial Quarters- Are They Worth Saving?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  5:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ericmckeown to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Personally, I like the bicentennial quarter, but is there any future value for the ones not gold plated or in BU condition?Thanks,
Eric
Pillar of the Community
United States
3343 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really. Too many of them were saved so no one wants any.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19186 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you find any made of Solid Gold, save those. All others are worthless.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
3171 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not worth it
Pillar of the Community
United States
5853 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D0ubl3Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All others are worthless

Well in that case, you can give them all to me.
Rest in Peace
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All are worth 25 cents, so, never worthless. But you won't be getting rich by hoarding them! I got one in change the other day, and I put it aside with my statehoods.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1080 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
check ebay -- I've sold them by the roll for 1.5x face there before
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6795 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you like them save them ... but IMHO all circulated examples will always be worth 25 cents.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1385 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have a flair for writing, you could probably sell them on late-night TV at the bargain price of $19.99 each (reduced from $29.99!).
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schockergd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's some value to non collectors - 50% or so over Fv. They've got a great deal of demand even though the mintage was so amazingly high.

When was the last time you saw one in circulation? In the past 3 years I've found exactly two in pocket change, the same number of War Nickels I've found.
Valued Member
United States
316 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanoftuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think everyone and their brother saved these things thinking they would end up being rare because of the one year type. What it did was make them readily available in high grades where almost none of them circulated until quite a few years later when everyone was just tired of holding on to them waiting for their value to go up
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericmckeown to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's weird you say that because I am a cashier and have found 12 in 10 days. But until recently it was maybe one a month or so.
Valued Member
United States
368 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep some of the ones I come across because that's the year I was born.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Check VisigothKing's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not regular circulated ones. Just nice AU and above ones I keep.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 241, Byzantine: 44, Post-Roman Germanic: 24
Pillar of the Community
United States
1692 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cladking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save the DDO Denver issue. ;)

I save the Philly issue in nice well struck near gem or better (MS-64+ and better)
The Denver comes a little nicer and I save it only in solid gem and better.

These coins come nice but very few are nicer than MS-63. It is a one year type coin so demand could become substantial. Don't expect them to ever be rare. There are probably close to half a million gems out there so they are never going to be big ticket coins. Look for coins with well defined hold downs on the drum. Of course they have to be strictly unc since there are many tens of millions of AU's and sliders.
Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2011  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When was the last time you saw one in circulation?

I got one in my change at the grocery store today.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05