| Author |
Replies: 100 / Views: 5,906 |
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2148 Posts |
Minted Not Printed wrote: Quote: I think my main goal is to actually join PCGS and send some coins in... I've got a few errors and sentimental pieces I'd like to see slabbed. A video interview with the President of PCGS conducted at the 2026 ANA Convention included news that PCGS would be modifying requirements for submission, including eliminating the membership requirement. The interview did not include timelines. . .
|
|
Moderator
  United States
196342 Posts |
Quarter 3 Report.  1. Fill the last three core Dansco album holes— No progress.  7000: 1916-D Mercury dime. 8100: 1909-S VDB and 1922 "Plain" (no D). 2. Buy whatever appeals to me from 2026 US Mint offerings 2026 Silver Proof Set received! 2026 Uncirculated Mint Set received!2026 Clad Proof Set is on the way—eventually. 2026 Innovation Dollars Reverse Proof Set—I forgot this on my original list. It is coming soon as well. 3. Add more Ike and WWII related coins from around the world— No progress.  4. Photograph and move my world coins from 2x2 holders into various standard Dansco pages— Work in Progress! You can see coin photos in this topic. I will get more done once things get less-busy around here, hopefully before year end.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2148 Posts |
Q3 Report Fulfilled Subscriptions:1. Mint Set (P)(D)2. Proof Set (S) 3. Silver Proof Set (S)4. American Innovation Reverse Proof Set (S) 5. Enhanced Uncirculated Peace dollar (W)6. SQ Half Dollar Two Roll Set (P)(D) 9/11 Privy version roll on order. 7. ASE Congrats Set (P)8. Enhanced Uncirculated ASE (W)9. ASE Proof (W)10. Emerging Liberty Dimes: 2 Roll Set and $20 Bag11. Enhanced Uncirculated Morgan dollar, Reverse Proof Peace, Enhanced Uncirculate Peace12. Diamond Field Two Coin Set - Morgan & Peace dollars. Other Pursuits:1. Add 1939,1940,1945,1946, 1947 graded Walking Liberty halves to complete my 1939 - 1947 WWII era short set. Done. 2. Upgraded 1955, 1956, 1957 USM Proof Sets 3. Added PF70 Graded 2018 Silver Reverse Proof Set 4. Identify Coins / Sets for grading in Q1/Q2, 2027. 5. Keeping track of jbuck's inextricable progress towards 200,000 posts. . . 
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Edited by cptbilly 10/02/2026 09:24 am
|
|
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts |
No specific goals - just buying what I think is a good deal with the possibility of selling for a bit of a profit.
|
|
Moderator
  United States
196342 Posts |
Quote: Q3 Report Looking good!  Quote: No specific goals - just buying what I think is a good deal with the possibility of selling for a bit of a profit. Nothing wrong with that. 
|
|
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts |
2026 Goal: Acquire every rarity (around URS-5/Sheldon R-7) in my exceedingly specialized field that comes to market.
3Q26: No progress/no rarities came to market that I needed.
I did pick up a nice 1492 kortling & a battleship note for my Dad at the ANA, though, & got to meet up with the big name author in early dateds.
Edited by samoth 10/02/2026 8:13 pm
|
|
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts |
My collection runs the gamet of most collectable coins, like one for each denomination, of modern coins that is. So to focus on a certain variety I'm going to collect Lincoln Cents. Joanne 
|
|
Moderator
  United States
196342 Posts |
I thank you both for posting updates. 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
8057 Posts |
I could have sworn I posted this late September when I knew I didn;t have any further auctions planned. Good quarter (much to the dismay of my wallet  ). Goals: 1. Sell off a couple of small collections that we've lost interest in: my wife's Tudor/Stuart OFER collection, and parts of my Duchy of Lorraine collection. CNG will sell the small (13 coin) Tudor/Stuart collection in November.2. Continue to grow collection and knowledge of saints on medieval coins; collaborate with spence on 3d article in series on this topic. There are a couple of specific coins on my watch list...otherwise I'm a bit opportunistic. 1Q/2Q: Added coins of St. Ubaldus (Gubbio), St. Januarius (Naples), St. Vitalis (Parma), St. Gregory (Kingdom of Bosnia), St. Michael (Byzantine). 3Q: Added St. Erculanus (Perugia), St. Erasmus (Duchy of Gaeta), St. Demetrius (Byzantine), St. Theobald (Bishopric of Thann) and a very early St. John (c.1100) from Wroclaw, Poland3. Continue to add early dated/datable coins in the 11th to 15th c. that mesh with other collecting themes. 1Q/2Q: Added a dateable 1312 of Florence and dated 1483 of Brabant. 3Q: Added Sicilian denari dateable to 1228 and 1249, and Florentine denari dateable to 1324 and 13314. Continue contributing at Numista. 1Q/2Q: Added 135 listings, mostly Low Countries, Italian States/Papal, Venetian Colonies and Gemany 3Q: Added 80 listings in Low Countries, Italy, Byzanine Empire, GermanyIn 3Q I surpassed both number of coins and total spend of 2025. I guess that makes it a good year 
Edited by tdziemia Today 26M ago
|
|
Moderator
  United States
196342 Posts |
Better late than never. Thank you for sharing! 
|
| |
Replies: 100 / Views: 5,906 |