Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Now I Remember Why I Like The Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,644Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
southsav's Avatar
2226 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2011  8:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
While shooting some more photos of my Morgans I took another look at my 1921 D. What awesome cracks! I am always amazed at the vast world of numismatics and the endless variety this hobby can bring.

I originally had it attributed as a 1J but upon closer scrutiny I think 1P is more accurate. Although still a rookie in attribution, I can't help but think these dies were about to be replaced.

Opinions are most welcome as to grade and VAM. Thanks,



Now-I-Remember-Why-I-Like-The-Morgan

Now-I-Remember-Why-I-Like-The-Morgan

Now-I-Remember-Why-I-Like-The-Morgan

Now-I-Remember-Why-I-Like-The-Morgan
Pillar of the Community
aladinslamp's Avatar
United States
3076 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2011  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aladinslamp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin and cool cracks, I hate 21's there are so many and hard to figure out..
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2011  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1P it is.

Oh yeah - grade. I'm thinking 64 unless it's a slider - 1921's are tough to tell sliders.
Pillar of the Community
southsav's Avatar
2226 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2011  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are cool - thanks for the 1P affirmation.
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2011  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a neat variety. The cracks are stupendous, especially in late die states like yours. These are not exactly rare - I'm guessing there's more than a hundred LDS coins known - which says something about the strength of the dies used.
Pillar of the Community
Morgans Dad's Avatar
United States
5700 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2011  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgans Dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That die put out many, many more coins with Anna's beautiful profile on the obverse, Nice, sweet breaks, You have to love a good die break/crack, at least I do!! IMO, The grade is hard by the pictures given, looks like an un-natural finish, with the obv being as shiny as it appears.......Just my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
twohawks's Avatar
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2011  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1921 D series have a bunch of really neat die broken pairings. And the late die state the better! Nice coin southsav!
Pillar of the Community
southsav's Avatar
2226 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2011  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! Coming from you four, an Esteemed Group for sure, I once again appreciate your support.

Jim
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,644Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Forums