Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1974 Washington Filled Die?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,158Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  08:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have been trying to figure out what to give the owner
of this coin. If it is a Grease Filled Die, I would like
to add it to my collection, but I am not sure what it's
value would be .. if any value over face.


The weight is 5.6 grams


1974-Washington-Filled-Die?

1974-Washington-Filled-Die?
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a Grease Filled Die. Nice one at that.
Pillar of the Community
wquinn's Avatar
United States
2295 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really nice Greaser. Hard to say what the value is though.
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for taking a look.
I am thinking I will give the owner $5.00 to $10.00
Just to have it. I am thinking would be a good way
to show others what a Grease Filled Die coin looks like
Bedrock of the Community
GR58's Avatar
United States
11951 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was doing some reading last night, one section of the book was talking about a

"low pressure strike" use for die set up/adjustment.

Is anyone familar with this type error?

I am not saying it is one .. I guess when I read about them .. this coin came to mind
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny you should ask that question I have the answer prepared years ago.
1974-Washington-Filled-Die?
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,158Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums