| Author |
Replies: 8 / Views: 1,015 |
|
|
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts |
A few days ago, I won this coin on ebay. Curious to hear your opinions on this one. Photos aren't the greatest, but this is the best I can do with my smart phone camera. 1945P  Thanks for looking!
|
|
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
360 Posts |
Dang it! Too blurry, right?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
8534 Posts |
Ha college football !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18927 Posts |
Weak strike...she looks like a 64
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
21792 Posts |
Can't quite make up my mind if it is a weak strike, or slightly out of focus pictures. Couple of small dings on Liberty's skirt, and the Eagle's wings. The edge milling should be sharp to the fingers. MS63 or 4.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts |
|
|
Valued Member
 United States
360 Posts |
  I wasn't expecting that high of a grade! I need to get me peepers checked! Seriously...I'm terrible at this. I was thinking AU, so this is most welcome news!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
9810 Posts |
I initally saw this coin as an AU but without holding in hand and having a great light source to look at it under, it is a very tough series to call from a static photo.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013! ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1981, ANS, Early American Coppers Member (EAC), Colonial Coin Collectors Club member (C4), Conder Token Collector Club member (CTCC), Civil War Token Society (CWTS) member, Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC) & Numismatic Bibliomania Society member (NBS), USMex, Member in good standing, 2¢ variety collector. See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
919 Posts |
I didn't reply at first because I too thought higher end AU. I don't see mint luster and there are a lot of nicks. Maybe in hand I would think differently. Nice coin either way.
|
| |
Replies: 8 / Views: 1,015 |
|