After reading about the Henning Nickels, I decided to go through all my pre-1960 nickels. It took a while, but I fanally got through them. No luck with the Henning.
I did however find a 1946 (mm unknown) with what appears to be a lamination error that covers about 1/4 of the reverse and is not an intact lamination.
I was wondering if anyone has a photo collage of different lamination errors that I can compare this one to?
I know, I know,
I have to leave in about a half an hour to take my daughter back home. When I return I'll be more than happy to post pics. I'm just not sure if it is lamination error or PMD.
coffeecup57, I see on yours, that the rim is affected. It does not appear to be on mine. Makes me question if mine is delam or PMD.
I am no expert on these,but would guess the rim is not always affected.I can not tell from the photos if yours is or not. Nothing to do with your photos,just my eyesight.
coffeecup57, I see on yours, that the rim is affected. It does not appear to be on mine. Makes me question if mine is delam or PMD.
I am no expert on these,but would guess the rim is not always affected.I can not tell from the photos if yours is or not. Nothing to do with your photos,just my eyesight.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use