Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1920 Lincoln Cent Surface Find

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,557Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Paul Bulgerin's Avatar
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2016  5:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Here is the 1920 Lincoln I found right on the surface at the bottom of a wide dirt path coming down a steep hill in Sheboygan Falls, WI this morning. It must have washed down the hill over the years.

It was completely dirt covered when I found it and I didn't realize it was an old Wheatie until I got back to my car and had a chance to examine it more closely.

The soil treats copper coins pretty nicely around here.

I had on my tennis shoes this morning. When I go back I'll wear my boots so I have better traction as I search the hill.

1920-Lincoln-Cent-Surface-Find

1920-Lincoln-Cent-Surface-Find
Paul Bulgerin
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2016  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is amazing! What a great find and the condition -- amazing.
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2016  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Is there something going on with the date?
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Paul Bulgerin's Avatar
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2016  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No doubling on the 9 in the date, just glare from the lighting I used.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
acloco's Avatar
United States
3540 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2016  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!
Formerly coinlover1899
Learn More...
IGWTCoins's Avatar
United States
3058 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2016  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Check IGWTCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add IGWTCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, WOW!
www.InGodWeTrustCoins.com
Pillar of the Community
dbrablec's Avatar
United States
1944 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2016  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find...nice condition - considering the circumstances where you found it...
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,557Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums