Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2017 Mega Red For Cheap

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,357Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
AlbumAccumulator's Avatar
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  11:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I saw on one of the forums (or facebook, can't remember where) that Ollie's has the 2017 Mega Red for $6.99. I drove to my closest one and they had one in stock. I also picked up 2 of the Whitman Presidential dollar albums for $2.99 each. These albums are great for creating your own custom small dollar album, just reverse the pages.
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196346 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I saw on one of the forums (or facebook, can't remember where)
Was it here?

http://goccf.com/t/281497


Quote:
I also picked up 2 of the Whitman Presidential dollar albums for $2.99 each.
Excellent!
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - I have to go check the local one. But be careful in an Ollie's - almost all the money in your wallet tends to very easily end up in the cashier's drawer.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
AlbumAccumulator's Avatar
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was it here?

http://goccf.com/t/281497

No jbuck but good to know they have been doing it for the last 2 editions!

The book is really massive with lots of good data and photos. Unfortunately, as usual, the Ike dollar section is only about 2 pages. I think this has a lot to do with Whitman not having already thorough coverage of the series in other books. It is a shame the coverage for clad coins is so sparse. Whitman needs to bring on cladking to do a book!
Edited by AlbumAccumulator
08/16/2017 1:20 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196346 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately, as usual, the Ike dollar section is only about 2 pages. I think this has a lot to do with Whitman not having already thorough coverage of the series in other books.



Quote:
It is a shame the coverage for clad coins is so sparse. Whitman needs to bring on cladking to do a book!
I second that recommendation!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
mtuma3's Avatar
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the Mega book, but I download the regular Red Book ($9.99) onto my IPhone, so I always have it with me for reference.
Mark
ANA Member

My7070
Bedrock of the Community
Earle42's Avatar
United States
10065 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to Ollies inmy area - no books. They did the normal 2016 Red Book for 2.99. But I have no use for the normal ones. I was interested in the extras of Mega Red.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
AlbumAccumulator's Avatar
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AlbumAccumulator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear that Earle. I'm going to keep an eye on the ones by me to see what else shows up. I could go for more albums!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196346 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2017  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm going to keep an eye on the ones by me to see what else shows up.
You definitely should. Let us know what you find!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,357Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums