Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1893 Morgan Possible New VAM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 1,976Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
TLS5933's Avatar
United States
1703 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2008  09:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TLS5933 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I just bought a 1893 Morgan dollar.It's certified by PCGS but no VAM designation. I know the 93-P has a couple VAM's with an upper/lower "3" issues but this one has what I call the "shark fin "3". It has what I can only explain as a shark fin right on top the 3 in the date.
I know the "S" in states is on the other side but I'm pretty sure it isn't a die clash. Here's a small pic.I will post a bigger one when I have it in hand.If anyone has seen this before let me know.I'm no VAM expert by any means. I know just enough to get into trouble.


1893-Morgan-Possible-New-VAM



Member
amac44's Avatar
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2008  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amac44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope BRYAN see this maybe him or MORGANMAN they can help you
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 1,976Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums