| Author |
Replies: 17 / Views: 2,133 |
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11969 Posts |
Edited by numismatic student 04/25/2020 10:08 pm
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
8946 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10982 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
11969 Posts |
Edited by numismatic student 04/25/2020 10:56 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4510 Posts |
That is a really nice coin. I am at XF 45 no luster showing for AU.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7732 Posts |
I'm at XF40 with a very old very light "wipe" that is market acceptable. Nice coin!
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
838 Posts |
I am at VF35 on obverse and EF40 for the reverse. I would have to go with a VF Details.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
8946 Posts |
On revision VF35. No clue why I thought it was a 25 yesterday
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts |
Looks solid EF-40 to me. Nice example.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
18932 Posts |
XF40/45 may details for an old cleaning and retone but I'm betting it grades straight
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
11969 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts |
I'm still at EF-40 but now I doubt the surfaces are original.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
 United States
11969 Posts |
examining the coin under a loupe, I do not see any indication of cleaning 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
7732 Posts |
Still at XF40 with an old market acceptable "wipe".
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
857 Posts |
Inhand photos look completely stripped, I would say VF-35, but would net it down to VF-20, given that the TPGs are ludicrously lenient on grading these might make a straight VF-35 to EF-40.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6445 Posts |
Looks like 40 or 45 for detail but I agree the latest photos suggest the surfaces are not original. It seems like any raw Seated dollar grading XF40 or better should be viewed with suspicion. More often than not there is a good reason it isn't slabbed.
|
| |
Replies: 17 / Views: 2,133 |