Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

ANACS Holiday Special

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,816Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
murty's Avatar
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2009  5:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
They are offering to to grade 10 coin minimum for $10 PER COIN,with values under $500. 15 day turnaround.
Is this a good deal?
Is there a certain type of coin this is worthwhile for?
Thanks
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16696 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2009  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there a certain type of coin this is worthwhile for?

Ultimately, that's up to you but IMO, this would be a great deal on a 10 coin lot of coins valued $50-$100.
Any coin valued over $150, I prefer either PCGS or NGC.
It's a good deal as I believe ANACS charges $20 per coin normally
I might be wrong about that. Been awhile since I sent a coin to ANACS.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Bedrock of the Community
biokemist6's Avatar
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2009  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you see this at? It is not listed on ANACS website
Pillar of the Community
murty's Avatar
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2009  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was in this weeks digital issue of Coin World.
Pillar of the Community
cpfull's Avatar
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2009  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have to be a subscriber? I'm sure I could find 10 or more worth sending for 10$.
Pillar of the Community
murty's Avatar
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2009  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is $10 for each coin...minimum 10 coins.
You do not have to be a subsciber.
Pillar of the Community
copper nickel daddy's Avatar
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2009  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add copper nickel daddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too saw this deal, and think it's great! But I have a question; maybe someone here could answer it. I have a number of Lincolns that I would like to send in, but most of them are varieties. Don't I have to pay extra for them to attribute the variety? Or does the variety attribution surcharge just apply to so-called "lesser known" varieties? For example, I have a couple of 1942 Doubled Die Obverse Lincolns 1DO-002's and a 1917 Doubled Die Obverse 1DO-001. Since the 1917 is RedBook listed, but the 1942's are lesser known, would I have to pay a premium for the 1942's? Or a premium for all of them? Anyone have any idea?
Pillar of the Community
RFB's Avatar
United States
532 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2009  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RFB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Premium over base price for all varieties.

Fee + 5.00 for Known variety (You list # and they verify)
Fee + 10.00 for Unknown Vareity ( You do not list #, THEY research and ID)

Pillar of the Community
cpfull's Avatar
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2009  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant do you have to subscribe to Coin World online to get the special, I didn't see it in the Dec coin values magazine.
Pillar of the Community
cpfull's Avatar
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2009  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cpfull to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is now on the ANACS website, but it is only for silver dollars and lincoln cents. Unfortunately I had picked out Indians and bust half's.
Pillar of the Community
Jaobler's Avatar
United States
6438 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2009  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS periodically runs special offers like this. It's a decent bargain if you happen to have a group of candidate coins that fit the qualifications. Remember that you will also have to pay shipping both ways. Shipping will easily add $30+ to your total grading cost.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,816Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Forums