Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 634,033Next Topic
Page: of 450
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To those of you who got disappointed by a skunk, you better get used to it! At first I was averaging 3 silvers per box. My first skunk hurt real bad. Now I am happy if I get 1 in a box. And try having a few boxes in a row be skunks. Or like ricardocody just did $800 in skunks. It gets brutal sometimes.
Valued Member
bbradford71's Avatar
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bbradford71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have done 5 boxes of dimes in the past two weeks and have not found a single silver dime, I almost always find silver when searching CWR's
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
todays box was just like everyone elses a big fat nothing! oh well at least I got lucky with my first ever nickel box
Valued Member
corey9493's Avatar
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add corey9493 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After 2 straight skunk boxes, I got a nice 1964 last night to break the bad streak...and I didn't even finish the box, got another $100 to go tonight!
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know that $500 constitutes a box in halves.

What constitutes a box in dimes?

Personally, I have had better luck with dimes recently for the overall amount
of money involved.

Most of mine came from CRWs.
Valued Member
agibby5's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add agibby5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$250 is a box of dimes.
Pillar of the Community
wrestling_135's Avatar
United States
802 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wrestling_135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or like me who is over $30,000 in skunk streak for half dollars! I am doing dimes on the side averaging 1 per box lol
Valued Member
ozerman's Avatar
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ozerman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wrestling, I still can't get over that streak. I'd never be able to continue doing it.
Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched two boxes of halves today and did not find any silver. I did find some NIFCs.

Tomorrow, I will probably hit some local banks and get about $300 in dimes. There are plenty
of banks in my area and none seem to care to give you $20 or so in dimes. Maybe I will
strike silver this way.

My last dime was about a week ago. It was laying on top of a Coinstar machine at a local Walmarts.
Oddly enough, I had looked in the hoppers of these machines many times as I walked by and low and behold
this one was setting on TOP of it.

Hey, I was happy.

Edited by kenscott
02/23/2012 11:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started hitting the dimes 4 years ago, as, believe it or not, boxed halves were just lousy for me. My best scores were customer rolled halves. Virtually no one was searching dimes as little as 2 years ago, then people started hitting em as the halves got skunky. The String dime boxes I've done have been very consistant at just under 2 per box. It does seem like the cwr's are losing their appeal tho, but I keep hitting em.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
Ricardocody's Avatar
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 more stink box today , I think I the lake is dry from now on and I still need 11 coins to finish the silver set !
New Member
coinhunter16's Avatar
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinhunter16 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've hunted many boxes of nickels nickels and thought about starting dimes. So far, I have only found 1 silver 1962 D and that was from $30 worth of crw. Since then I have been through 6 boxes of dimes, brinks and NF String and Son, and found nothing! I am becoming frusterated and am thinking of going back to nickels haha. Which type of boxes should I mainly look out for, brinks or NF String & Son? Thanks in advance!
Valued Member
jizer1's Avatar
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jizer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a box of strings and sons today and got 2 dimes :) a 52 and a 54!
Valued Member
agibby5's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add agibby5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Skunked on another box of dimes! Second week in a row... I will probably take a break for a couple weeks to see if I can strike some silver in the future. Plus I have about 7 boxes that I edge searched and that need to get unwrapped and put through the coin counters! I have been dreading that task for a while now.
Pillar of the Community
M0nks's Avatar
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i see alot of familar names in here ( from the halves section) like me I'm getting skunked big time now with halves, so I'm having better luck with dimes as well found 2 more today 1959 and 1961
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 634,033Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Forums