Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,915Next Topic
Page: of 450
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2012  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took today off from work and took my kids out coin hunting, first bank we just missed a $1,000 bag of cwr dimes (shipped yesterday), but we nabbed $130 in halves, a bust. Next bank we bought a $500 bag of cwr dimes, and as I was dumping the halves, I checked the reject bin and found an older foreign. We ended up scoring 7 silvers from $500 cwr(5) and one String box(2).

Well, I had an issue with my pics, but one dime was a '64 sailboat, and the foreign coin a 1956 Chinese 5 Fen.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
07/18/2012 3:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2012  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to search dimes again. You guys are finding a ton of mercurys! I've only found 3 mercs out of 77 boxes.
Pillar of the Community
1967Canadapenny's Avatar
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2012  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1967Canadapenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds M0nks & fistfulladirt!
Valued Member
Imohtep's Avatar
Canada
321 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2012  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imohtep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
one dime was a '64 sailboat


You mean a Canadian dime? ..silly americans, atleast we dont say "I found a 64 torch dime!" or "look! a 64 building penny" .
Pillar of the Community
fistfulladirt's Avatar
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2012  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, as a matter of fact, I did find 6 US silver torch dimes along with that crazy sailboat!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, for some reason we call them sailboats. Just a nickname they acquired I guess. haha.
Valued Member
CoinRollHunter's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinRollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first post. :) I have been doing this for the past month or so. My latest effort was a box of dimes and it produced a 1949 Roosevelt dime.
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CoinRollHunter! Nice silver find. Looking forward to seeing you around and seeing your finds!
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you guys have all been finding mercuries lately and like I said I have found 3 out of 77 boxes. It's been over a month since I searched and my last 4 boxes were skunks, so I decided to get a box hoping to not get skunked.

Box #78:
1945 mercury
1958 d (x2)
1961 d
1962 d
1964 d

1968 canadian.

Ended up with 6 silver in this box! One roll had 4 silvers in it :) I thought the canadian was a 50% silver but a magnet stuck to it. all well.
Edited by murrellington
07/19/2012 4:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice finds murry!
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2012  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I would try my luck at another bank.

Box #79:

1947 d
1964 d

1976 s proof
1968 canadian (non silver)
2001 brittish 5 pence


Amazed I found the proof. First one found. I edge search so I don't find any. But this one I saw the edge and thought it would be a brand new 2012. I pull it out and was shocked to see a beautiful proof.
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2012  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$100 CWR
2 silvers
1964
1952

5 pence
Edited by rachums107
07/20/2012 10:40 am
Valued Member
CoinRollHunter's Avatar
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2012  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinRollHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up $295 in dimes. Half CWR and BWR. Found 5 in the CWR.

1 - 45 mercury

1 - 47s, 1 - 53s, 1 - 64d, 1 - 69d
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2012  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when I stopped searching about a month ago, people were posting skunk after skunk. looks like it is picking up again. Every other post has a mercury find, and everyone is getting great numbers. Keep it up everyone!
Valued Member
DimeHunter's Avatar
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2012  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DimeHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CoinRollHuner, glad you joined us!

Is that 69-D dime you got a Canadian? Because I'm not sure if you know this, but only 64 and before American dimes are silver.
Edited by DimeHunter
07/20/2012 10:07 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 633,915Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Forums