Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dime Roll Searching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,747 / Views: 634,501Next Topic
Page: of 450
Pillar of the Community
SilverRoosevelt's Avatar
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2011  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be at least $1,000 to buy the bag, which, personally, is too much money for me to spend on coin searching.
Valued Member
TenSense's Avatar
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2011  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TenSense to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's some psychological torture: what if it was a key-date Mercury? What if you just let $5000+ walk away ;-)
Valued Member
Chriscoinmaster's Avatar
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2011  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually drop a little over a grand at the bank in coin so I would've bought the bag. But think of it this way
what if the coin is just a common date merc and the bag is short 5 bucks
could have been better off walking from that bag
Valued Member
Newbismatic's Avatar
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2011  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbismatic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't found anything nice lately... but this thread keeps me hopeful!
Pillar of the Community
Kefiroth's Avatar
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2011  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a $250 box today produced only a 1962 Roosie, and a 1996 Canadian.
Valued Member
sich0015's Avatar
United States
255 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2011  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sich0015 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was my week of dime roll searching. I went through 9 boxes and 20 loose rolls. 3 boxes were String and Son and the rest were Brinks boxes. The total haul was 16 Roosies and a 1953 Canadian. The variety of years makes me want to try to complete the Roosevelt set from circulation. I got a good start with at least one of each: 1946, 1951s, 1954, 1954d, 1956d, 1957, 1962, 1962d, 1964, and 1964d.
Pillar of the Community
SilverRoosevelt's Avatar
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2011  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An update on the Merc situation; I went to the same bank to dump some nickels I searched through and the tellers said that since I pointed that Merc out to them last time, they went through the entire bag for me! I gave them two nickels to buy the dime and it turns out it was a 1940. This is the first Mercury dime I've found in the wild since 2003 (when I found one on my middle school's cafeteria floor, in ketchup).

I was more astonished to find that they looked up the statistics of the coin, such as the melt value, and learned that the key date to the series is 1916-D. If this has introduced more people to the hobby, that would be awesome.
Valued Member
tershaffer's Avatar
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2011  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tershaffer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not tried searching a full box of dimes yet, but picked up 8 rolls today and the teller opened a new brinks box to get my rolls. I found one 1964 and this one, which I thought was odd, especially since it was much smaller than the dimes were. I have never found anything except canadian money roll searching before.

Dime-Roll-Searching

Dime-Roll-Searching
Valued Member
Uhhhh's Avatar
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2011  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Uhhhh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a 1963 dime in my change at the Family Dollar store (from all places lol) yesterday. 90%
Valued Member
Chriscoinmaster's Avatar
United States
337 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2011  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chriscoinmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so I had one last box of clear wrapped dimes I have been saving for over a year due to the lack of silver I saw on the edges of the wrappers
opened this box and like the other I glanced over a silver edge
1961 D
also
5 1969
3 2010D
1 really nice AU 1968 I swapped into my dansco
once again glad I didn't return the box without opening it.
those silver edges can be hard to see on dimes this is why I never recommend edge searching as the only method of coin hunting
I edge search first when I open a roll and then go through coin by coin
til next time

Pillar of the Community
penny man's Avatar
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2011  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a museum near where I live that has a machine for people to donate, a dime at a time. It has several thousand dollars in dimes in it. I saw a silver in there and asked if I couold go through the dimes when the machine filled up if I sold the coins and split the profits with them. The person said it was possible and took down my phone number and email. I am still awaiting word.
New Member
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2011  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bumthat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last Friday I found a 1964 Roosevelt dime while searching threw rolls!
Today I found another 1964 Roosevelt dime and a 1981-P Roosevelt dime clip! My first clip coin ever! I like searching dime rolls since I have better luck than penny rolls I just find a wheat per roll that's it. I also found a 1969-D Roosevelt dime repunched mintmark D/D in the roll on Friday also!
New Member
dch828's Avatar
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2011  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dch828 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Here's some psychological torture: what if it was a key-date Mercury? What if you just let $5000+ walk away ;-)


LOL
Valued Member
tershaffer's Avatar
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2011  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tershaffer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
newb here, but may I ask what is up with the 1969 and 2010 D? I have just started coin collecting/roll searching and only have " Cherry Pickers Guide" so not real sure of what all to look for. Any help/suggestions would be awsome!
Pillar of the Community
hockingzig's Avatar
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2011  12:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hockingzig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up 6 CWR's today and found a 1947S. Nothing else of note but from just 6 rolls I was happy with the find!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6,747 / Views: 634,501Next Topic
Page: of 450

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Forums