Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Picking Up Coins In Parking Lots.

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add publius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a knack for picking them up in the unlikeliest of circumstances.
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwisker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up the habit from my grandfather...yet again it's not just coins, it is nuts bolts screws nails etc. you should have seen the jars of those things in his garage.
Sadly, pennies, nickels, and dimes, are hardly worth the time to stop and pick up these days. I do though, it just means I am a penny richer than I was a few minutes ago
I read in a story somewhere that if Bill Gates were to drop a hundred dollar bill on the ground, that it would not be worth his time to stop and pick it up. He can drop those hundreds in front of me all day long.
Learn More...
United States
14160 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jerseyben

Pull tabs for charity?

yes, some charities collect aluminum pull tabs to recycle or give to metal collection companies for donations.
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found 11 cents just yesterday on the ground in front of a coin star.
My friends give me a hard time but I really don't understand that attitude... Who doesn't like free money?

I have one place, local gas station, where I don't know if I've ever gone there and not found change in the parking lot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1053 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinDan98 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interestin to read ... Thanks for starting the thread gtnorthwest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bassmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best thing I found on the ground was a Mercury dime. It was beat up, but the only thing better than a free coin is free silver!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every time I go to a place with a coin star I have visions of finding a walker laying in the tray.
Mercury? That's awesome!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2805 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nalaberong to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once I found 10 Euro Cents under a hot water pipe at my school... and yes, this is in Canada...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1381 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember reading the following bit in Mad Magazine: "You know you're getting old when anything less than a quarter is not worth stopping to pick up."
Pillar of the Community
United States
5034 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2013  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guilty.

I pick up anything I see.
Valued Member
United States
485 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2013  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add everything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin returns, underneath the vending machines, along side the main road(found that out from riding my bike..), under the seats of your new used car, in couches and chairs, walkways, laundry rooms, grocery store parking lots, grocery store food lines, parking lots in general, give/take a penny trays, wishing wells, and generally .. anywhere on the ground.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2013  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hondo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha, give/take penny trays.
I'm sure you're always on the "give" end of the spectrum!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5620 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2013  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always pick up coins I find on the ground - I've added a few specimens to my collection this way - especially 1 euro cent coins when in Europe! I once found a £2 coin on the ground on the seafront promenade near where I live!
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2013  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always pick up coins. My best find was a 1940 wheatie on a garage floor.

I once found a $20 on the floor as I left an elevator but I tracked down the guy who lost it and gave it back.
Pillar of the Community
United States
950 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2013  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add baysinger626 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found $.80 at the Walmart the other day. 2 quarters in the change slot of the soda machine, 1 quarter undert he self checkout and 5 sticky pennies in the coinstar reject.
I will always stop for free money.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05