Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New guy here ,want to show some pics  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  5:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add WoodbutcherPA to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My name is pete,and I'm new here.im not much of a coin buyer,just a coin hunter .i metal detector and have a lot of old silvers and copper coins I've found over the years.But I like coins,finding them is a lot of fun too.Here is one I found yesterday on a farm here in Pennsylvania,that's where I'm from.Also ,is it ok for me to post pics here and ask for information since I'm a coin hunter and not a buyer? I don't know,just asking..thanks for looking.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4834 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on finding a valuable coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3196 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the family!

Nice coin to find, but would suggest you find a better way to clean the coins. If you would like to sell someday, harshly cleaned like this one wont get top $. I can tell by the deep scratches all over, never use steel wool or hard bristle brush, NEVER use wire brush, OK for belt buckles and buttons, but not coins. Read up on how to restore and conserve dug coins on this site, got a lot of diggers here to share ideas with(not me tho, can't).

BTW, only post once....
"I paused to think, then I forgot to start back up" Bumper Sticker
Edited by Crazyb0
03/18/2017 6:00 pm
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WoodbutcherPA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I used was water from the sink and didn't even rub it,the dirt just fell off ,didn't even use soap on that coin..maybe its scratched from being in the ground?
Edited by WoodbutcherPA
03/18/2017 6:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6305 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

First of all, it is absolutely okay to post pics and ask questions. You don't have to be a serious collector to enjoy coins.

If you didn't clean the coin with anything harsh, then it probably did get scratched while it was buried. As it is, it's worth about $100 -- give or take -- so...

If you find any more --- I'll be here waiting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3211 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
!

And yes, we love pics and questions. You came to the right place.

Very nice find you have there. Not everyday you dig up an $80 - $100 coin.
Super Congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11287 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

I would very happy digging up a coin just like that.

I would put that right into my album. It would mean more to me
finding it metal detecting ... than buying one
GoldRush58 - GR58
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectionMaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know there is a forum for metal detecting finds. If you want to post more of your finds there feel free to do so.http://goccf.com/f/53
Pillar of the Community
United States
2772 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2017  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

That's a great one to find!

I look forward to seeing more of them. Questions and pics are always welcome.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
United States
1161 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  01:49 am  Show Profile   Check Chute72's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, that's a nice find.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10232 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
..woodbutcher...enjoy your stay with us...

Great find for in the ground, keep up the good work.
True North
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15333 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!

to the CCF!
"You can't fool all the people all the time - others would like a chance."

Pillar of the Community
United States
3412 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2017  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love seeing ground finds,congrats on a great one! And ...to find the lowest mintage year for that series in the ground is amazing only the denver mint same year had a lower mintage
Ohio
Edited by Slamnbass
03/19/2017 6:48 pm
Learn More...
United States
45039 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find!

to the Community!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7345 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and great find!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WoodbutcherPA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the welcome ...I hafto ask a serious question here though.i was looking up this coin on eBay,and there is one there graded by PCGS as a vf-20. Now,it has scratches and dings like mine,and for the life of me I don't see the difference in the two,mine and that one.Am I missing something?

Edited by WoodbutcherPA
03/20/2017 6:07 pm
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05