Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Pillar of the Community
United States
1036 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  4:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's called "225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set"

Which contains 10 coins with Enhanced Uncirculated finishes and each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco.

No mention on the price, but limited to 225,000 sets and no HH limits.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alvaro77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not interested, its just more shinny change.
Valued Member
United States
316 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just another gimmick.
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any mention on what coins they'll be?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4073 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my....not "another" something new.

Thanks for the post!
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm....will it be another high relief?
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alvaro77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its like a proof set, but instead it has enhanced mint set coins that's all. More shinny change.
Edited by alvaro77
07/01/2017 10:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2017  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any mention on what coins they'll be?

Here's a link to the Mint's web page about it.

Quote:
Hmm....will it be another high relief?

No, according to the Mint's page, "This coin set contains 10 coins with an enhanced uncirculated finish using a combination of laser frosted areas and an unpolished field that accentuates design details, creating a unique contrast distinctly different from the mirror–like finish of proof coins."

I actually like this idea personally, but it will all depend on the price if I purchase it or not. The lack of a household limit is annoying...
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Learn More...
United States
57847 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this one.

For what it is worth, the 2014 Kennedy Silver Half Dollar set has an Enhanced Uncirculated Coin (as well as a normal proof, a reverse proof, and a standard uncirculated half dollars). The EU is unique and you can easily tell it from the others.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7129 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  12:42 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like that I have to hunt down yet another dumb nickel.
If I do it will be slabbed and MS69 saying what it is. I do like that medal, but I like 60 bucks better.
As I recall, I just made mention in a post that there were no mint sets issued in hard plastic cases to date with the exception of 1966 and 1967 Special Mint Sets.
I spoke to soon.

This gimmicky coin marketing reminds me of the Baseball Card craze of the 80's.
Next thing you know, there will be blinking lights on coins with watch batteries that slide in the edge.
It is already past the beginning of the end of coin collecting as we know it.
I am going to start trading off modern coins and collecting or keeping only the real classics.
I just saw a 3D Tiger on a coin someplace and it of course was colorized. Another was a puzzle.
I guess I am old school but where will it all stop?
Hey if others like these new fangled coins, that's fine and you're welcome to them. Not me.
Maybe wind-up coins where the Eagles flap their wings that come with a wind up key?
How about a coin that plays "Happy Birthday" when it is held by the edge, like some of those greeting cards.
W.A.N.S. Pennsylvania - 45th Williamsport Area Numismatic Society Coin Show ~ July 28 2018
ALWAYS A great coin show & getting better every year! ANACS will be there for submissions - SEE YOU THERE!
More information http://goccf.com/t/312115
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4137 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  07:11 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Welder for that info. My take:

1) Could be wrong here but as far as I know there has never been an EU finish coin that wasn't silver... but anyway...

2) 225k would make all of these EU coins keys in the series.

3) no HH limits was a mistake

4) shiny only has one "N"
Pillar of the Community
United States
1011 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll like it depending on the price. I agree that not having a HH limit was a mistake. HSN will try to buy a ton of these. The Native American dollars have been issued in EU condition. Since the mintage limit is 225k, that number will be reduced by the number of native American coin and currency sets produced. Actually, this set is coming out first since the coin and currency set is not on the calendar yet. Therefore, this set might reduce the number of coin and currency sets available (75k last year).
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with NickelGuy.....too many gimmicks and we all know where that can lead.

Think I may just go back to stacking silver.

Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4073 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the sac dollar was/is issued beginning in 2014 in the EU.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4137 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  11:19 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Native American dollars have been issued in EU condition. Since the mintage limit is 225k, that number will be reduced by the number of native American coin and currency sets produced.

I KNEW there had to be a previous EU. Totally forgot about that NA dollar and I have a bunch to boot

Another point...mintage (for all coins in he set) AND product (this set) limit is 225k so that might eliminate the C & C set this year.

Edited by Foxwoods Man
07/02/2017 11:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1222 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2017  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check jgfindring's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind that the first year of the Enhanced Native American dollar (2014) it had a D mint mark. Wouldn't put it past the mint to do one mint mark for this set, a different one for the Coin and Currency set.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05