Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's The Best Way To Expand A Coin Book?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2017  11:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add arthrene to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have several of the blue Whitman coin books (with the plastic slides not the folders), but I've hit the end of the date ranges. When this happens do you just buy new books or do you like to add pages? I've considered moving over to the undated brown folders and just marking it myself. Just wanted to get some ideas of the options here first. Maybe someone has something that hasn't occurred to me yet.

While we're on the subject, where have you found has the best prices on books/pages?
Learn More...
United States
81250 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2017  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me with Dansco (similar) I have added pages when I have room in the binder. If there is no room, I have either started upgraded the binder size (to hold more pages) or started another album. For example, with my Lincoln cents I did the former, but did the latter for Kennedy half dollars (to keep the albums from being too heavy).
Pillar of the Community
United States
992 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2017  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paxbrit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to just add pages to the brown folders, but never marked them. I figured the coin was already dated, no point in duplicating the information, and marks would affect the resale value of the albums.
Learn More...
United States
81250 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2017  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For what it is worth, I have a couple of custom Dansco albums made with empty binders and blank pages for cents, nickels, and dimes.

One is for my Indian Head cents, Buffalo nickels, and Mercury dimes. Three albums in one. Also, no need for the expensive varieties.

The other is for the ultra modern Lincoln cents, Jefferson nickels, and Roosevelt dimes. The start date depends on where the other albums ended. I did not want to start three new binders or upgrade the existing ones (the Lincoln cents are already in the thickest binder that Dansco makes).

None of the holes are labeled. Like paxbrit, I figure the information on the coins is good enough.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18975 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2017  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been adding pages to my Whitman Classic Albums to the point of almost bursting apart. I get the blank pages and the rub on letter/numbers and add the info as needed.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05