Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 P Morgan Dollar--it Is A Real Puzzle What Has Happened To This Coin

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13527 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  12:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was super-excited to open this Christmas present to myself today. Thanks to @nohope587 for the workmanship!

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
9045 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awesome cracks..
Member SSDC, TNA
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13527 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know right--it's pretty easy to piece together what happened though.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42192 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Groan)

Very cool!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Double groan.

Such an interesting pieces.
Pillar of the Community
United States
564 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Justinokay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like how the person who made the puzzle did not clean it leaving the nice toning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2421 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had seen these puzzle coins for sale. They are so cool. Super nice gift.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2802 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I met a guy in Canada who made these, and I now have a number. They are very time consuming to make-the guy really only makes minimum wage.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13527 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2017  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks folks. I only have good things to say about our own @nohope587 who made this one. I'm not sure what sort of profit margin he is making, but I am really thrilled with this. @oriole, feel free to post yours to this thread-- I'm happy to share this thread with other puzzle coins.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
10923 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
3998 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A new VAM?

ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13527 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dorado, considering that this is a family of numismatists, I'm a little surprised to only have one person comment in this thread questioning the carving up of this common date Morgan. Perhaps consider it like a hobo nickel or a love token--that is what I'm doing anyway.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3314 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How long did it take you to put it back together?
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42192 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's actually a good question!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13527 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2017  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How long did it take you to put it back together?

I agree that this is a good question. I got it in one of those square air-tite holders so the round shape is built into the holder. I did the obv first and so the middle pieces all had pics of the profile while the edge pieces had E PLURIBUS UNUM, stars, or the date. I have stubby fingers so it was a little hard to get some pieces to fit together nicely, but I found that a wooden toothpick really helped. All in, probably 7 or 8 mins for the first time. Took my daughter a little longer, but she wasn't very familiar with the design.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05