Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

After 30+ years, finished the Jeff set  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After trying to complete a circulation find set since about 1985, I broke down and purchased the last four coins I needed to finish off the Jefferson nickel set while at the small coin show in Raleigh this weekend. Had to buy the 38S, 49D, 50D and 57P. But, all the Jeffs are put to bed. Now on to other fun.

Gathering small piles of US copper and silver for more than 40 years.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congratulations. IS a good set to complete. I certainly feel your pain on finding the last few in circulation.
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6234 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done on your set completion.

Do know that there are more than a handful of us CCF folks who have completed the 1938-Date series from CRH ... but agreed that takes a LOT of patience and many, many rolls searched.

However you got it done ... congratulations on your
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hozer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Pillar of the Community
United States
723 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I call perseverance, congrats.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations. I also had to purchase the last 3 or 4 for my set.
There’s nothing wrong with that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6965 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! How bout a pic or two. I like Jeffersons :-)
Signature:
Sign Here X ____________________________
Valued Member
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome...I'd like to see some pics as well!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

If you found all but four coins, you did very well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7906 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
,congrats on the set .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5616 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set to complete.
Having a sense of humor is the greatest thing God gave you! Have fun using it!

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! That shows the power of regionalism. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have at least one full tube of 38-S's. I was still getting them in Circulation up till the late 90s. I can remember getting one in change at a candy machine in 97. I remember looking at it thinking it was a "58" and then remembering all the 38s I found that I thought were "58s" and what do you know it was a 38P.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6951 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
all the Jeffs are put to bed

Very nice! How about a couple pics of all the happy coins in one album?
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Valued Member
Japan
447 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Half to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome job! You have far more patience than I do.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1012 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2018  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words. I will take a few photos over the weekend and post. They are nearly all in Whitman folders. A few of the nicer ones are still in 2x2s.

This is the first series I've completed and may be the only one!

Edit: Actually I may get those pics tomorrow. Looks like we may be out of work tomorrow with snow on the way.
Gathering small piles of US copper and silver for more than 40 years.
Edited by Bump111
01/16/2018 11:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
56002 Posts
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05