Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Does There Seem To Be So Few Dansco Mercury Dime Albums Online?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 6,168Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  10:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been having a lot of trouble locating a new one online. I was just wondering why that might be the case. I've found only one used on on eBay and it has a little writing in it.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
9318 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I checked all my go to sources and all are out of stock. I would hope they are gearing up to produce some more but time will tell. Dansco seems to be very good at procrastinating...
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
5331 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ty88ty2- Man, you are right about that! Same issue here!....Out of Stock! Out of Stock! Out of Stock! Out of Stock!

https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/pr...y-dimes.html

https://www.thecoinsupplystore.com/...ercury-dimes

https://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/ite...es-1916_1945

http://www.coinsupplyplanet.com/dan...s-1916-1945/

http://www.danscoalbumstore.com/mer...-p-2016.html

I recently had a little chat with one of their supplier:

Question : Sir-

Can I please ask exactly what the problem is with your Mercury dime Albums? You are the Dansco company correct? You can't keep these things in stock? Really? What is the problem?

Thank you.

Supplier: We are not the Dansco company nor are we affiliated with them
We are just a private reseller that sells the Dansco brand on both of our websites.
They had an issue with their dye and paper companies so that's why they are having a hard time keeping up.

Oh, okay. Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. So I take it their production is probably in China or Taiwan!

Supplier: No actually everything from the products to the production is from the US.

Really? I'm very disappointed with Dansco! Not blaming you. Seems like a very poor business plan. They probably need new management. Pass this text to them for me!

Supplier: Yea we are too. But we know they are the best.

Okay, thanks again.

Supplier: Of course! Have a great day!
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"
In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In Memory of Crazyb0 December 26, 1951 to July 27, 2020
Edited by USSID18
02/10/2018 12:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well that is good to know I am not the only one having trouble!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5331 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well that is good to know I am not the only one having trouble!

No problem.
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good thing its not a matter of supply and demand....or is it?

Nice way to inure they get their inflated prices on a less popular product....called Marketing 102, UMC...

Pillar of the Community
United States
2059 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've just got one Dansco album for all of my Dimes from 1892 going forward. Much easier than having several albums.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking about starting a Merc Dansco - not being able to get an album will save me some money!
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seems like a very poor business plan.

The albums are secondary in their business plan. Last I knew the bulk of their business comes from other aspects of their printing business or whatever you want to call it. Basically the albums don't get made till they have to and have the time to do so type thing
Pillar of the Community
United States
5331 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The albums are secondary in their business plan. Last I knew the bulk of their business comes from other aspects of their printing business or whatever you want to call it. Basically the albums don't get made till they have to and have the time to do so type thing

Wow! Really? So it's a low priority, which must mean it's a low profit margin. These things are obviously popular in our "small" community but in the big scheme of things in the overall population, I guess not.
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tom, read my above...supply and DEMAND...not enough whine to the management, get a hundred demands and voila!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3503 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They had the same issue with the 7070 album until they recently started producing them again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5331 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tom, read my above...supply and DEMAND...not enough whine to the management, get a hundred demands and voila!

Yes, I suppose that's the trick.

Quote:
They had the same issue with the 7070 album until they recently started producing them again.

Seems like an on-going issue that could be corrected but I guess it's about the bottom-line.

I thought this was Dansco's website. Apparently not. These were the people a chatted with, lower right corner.

Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.supply and DEMAND.

I noticed it just isn't the Merc Danscos that are out of stock but some sites are out of stock on all dime albums
Pillar of the Community
United States
5331 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2018  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plus, I had to wait over a month for a blank small dollar page.
Learn More...
United States
88845 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought this was Dansco's website. Apparently not. These were the people a chatted with, lower right corner.

You are not the first to be fooled, nor will you be the last.

Hidden in the fine print at the bottom...

"DanscoAlbumStore.com is not owned and/or operated by any product brands or manufacturers listed throughout this website."

As far as I know, this is the only way to reach Dansco...

Dansco Corporation
(323) 734-6373
4313 W Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 6,168Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05