Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$2 star notes, full roll...questions  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  7:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add briton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently got a full pack of $200 in $2 bills from my bank.
I think they are "star notes", they have a green star by the serial number. The serial numbers are all consecutive.

Are these things worth keeping together and are they worth much? If so would anyone have an estimate as to how much they are worth?

Thanks guys

Pillar of the Community
United States
3550 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely worth more than face value.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24434 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Steve in Tampa, you're at bat.
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! There were 3.2M Star Notes in this print run.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3550 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  01:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like packs are on eBay in the 300-400 $ range.
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  02:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great gift from the bank! If they're all stars and crisp, I'd say probably good for upward of $500. They're the latest date so it would be better to hold them awhile until at least another $2 date series passes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1181 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I’m jealous as heck every time I see someone randomly acquire a pack of star notes. Typically the packs are from large Star note runs, but nevertheless they fetch $300 - $500 on eBay and other venues. I think I paid $290 for my pack. I keep them in a Capital holder to keep the corners from getting damaged. Congratulations on a nifty find.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24434 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add briton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll hold on to them and sell them later down the road. Could someone tell me if the forum allows me to offer to sell them on this forum? Or is that against the rules?
Thanks again guys, I love this forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1181 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  04:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as selling goes, follow this link and scroll down. There are post and time parameters.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/rules.asp
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VictoryHighway to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Great find! My bank never has two's (or at least they're too lazy to check the vault). The bank my sister goes to occasionally has some loose ones, but again never get brand new ones all banded up. I suppose I should ask the customer service people at my bank if I can have them order me a $2000 pack to go through.
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing . I am still on the Hunt in 2018 for New Currency
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8203 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, great bank find. Good luck with them!

Quote:
Could someone tell me if the forum allows me to offer to sell them on this forum?

Yes, But there are some rules and prerequisites. You'll need more quality posts in order to sell here but by the time you get your post count up, maybe you'll be ready to sell.
Edited by CelticKnot
04/16/2018 7:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2018  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/316419#2692830

Can you give me the exact name for this? I have a few star straps too.

THanks!
Germany
41 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add American Abroad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Steve for posting your Capitol holders. I have 7 star packs ($1's). I have let 5 go (two $5 straps, and 3 $1 staps) because I can't collect them all (also financially). I am still angry the one time I had a strap of $50's from a low print run (640,000). That was a big mistake to let those go, but at the time I was under the impression that only full print runs 3,200,000 and more were in straps and didn't check: mycurrencycollection star note lookup. Lessons learned. I will have to get some of those holders. They are beautiful.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05