Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Liberty one Troy Pound. Help Please

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  07:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GayEddie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All
I bought two of these off of eBay when the seller listed these they only had the picture of the back when they arrived the front does not look right to me he is insisting that they are real I have done the magnet trick with them and also striking them and listing to the ring and they sound good my issue is the suns rays look almost like they have been plated away and also the lettering on LIBERTY would appreciate some expert opinions many thanks
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24726 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Those are bullion, not a US mint product. You would have to have it tested at maybe a pawn shop to see if it is real silver.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6123 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'd be concerned about a pound round. Can you show us his lots?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24726 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw my first one for sale in 1986,dated 1986.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
14675 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  11:34 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was the seller's eBay ID?
United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GayEddie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay sellers id is tamworthsilver
Pillar of the Community
United States
3127 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are the words ".999 Fine" or ".999 Silver" located anywhere? If not, you should strongly consider returning this item.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1307 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a cheesy fake to me. The T, her rear foot is floating in the air, the sun isn't round...
Learn More...
United States
14675 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  12:15 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Your seller has good feedback and their inventory is NOT like that normally sold by scammers.

This monster is sold by various sites, including APMEX.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4155 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and yes, nss-52 is 100% correct.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1307 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anything about bullion so if it's really silver, who cares about the design, right? But I've looked at a couple dozen of these things now and I don't see a single one where the rear foot is just floating in empty space like that. It appears to be a knock off of a Washington Mint product. Somebody post a link to the seller or actual item because I can't find it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8791 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  02:01 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get results when searching for items from that seller, UK or US. One troy pound (be sure they're 12 troy ounces not 12 avdp. ounces) 999 fine silver ASE knockoffs are very common but I'm always leery of their actual weight and composition.

An example is nss-52's image; Is it 1 troy pound or 1 avdp pound? Are the ozs troy or advp? These are not produced to any specific standards so weights can and do vary. I've bought and sold a few of them without problems but you need to be careful. These days it might be best to avoid them altogether.
ANA #R3154474
Learn More...
United States
14675 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  03:43 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
8791 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  08:45 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks nss-52. My main concern here is anybody paying a ~200% premium to melt for silver bullion. $392 for that piece, even if it is .999 fine silver, borders on outrageous. It melts at $200 today.
ANA #R3154474
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2018  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05