Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Found A Nice Mcpherson Treasury Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41503 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  1:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been looking for a nice example of this note for a long time, and finally found one at the right price. McPherson is one of my favorite Civil War generals, and I've often visited the Vicksburg battle site where he played a major role.

This has the common Tillman/Morgan signature combination and was printed in the 1893-1897 period.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a paper collector, but that is very nice... Thanks for sharing.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome note, Coinfrog! It amazes me how some of these old notes survived in such great condition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2299 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super example Mr.Frog, congratulations bud.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking $2 and congrats on adding that to your collection.
Learn More...
United States
77437 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17536 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buying what you love is always a smart choice and it's EASY to see why you love this one.

Gorgeous, beautiful, lovely, amazing, excellent...

In short (which is hard for me) I love that note too
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Top of the line gem! Congrats. Show the back, too. I'll bet it's nice.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10057 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, super nice. Congrats on a fine score!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41503 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I'm at the stage with large notes where I'd really like to buy "just one" example for my type collection without the likelihood of upgrading someday. This fits the bill (no pun intended ) perfectly. The reverse is quite nice, but the note is already in the vault - I'll try to remember to bring it back.
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is impressive! And in excellent condition also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think you'll find a better example; Beautiful addition Mr Frog!
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... I'm at the stage with large notes where I'd really like to buy "just one" example for my type collection without the likelihood of upgrading someday...

This is a good strategy across all genres, coins inc. Very often, the search for just the right one can be long and hard and expensive. Just too much to do more than once. (In fact, in a few cases, I just gave up all together.}
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. This is one game where a deuce beats and ace every time!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6093 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful note. Thanks for sharing
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41503 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!

After his heroics at Vicksburg, McPherson was killed the following year at the Battle of Atlanta, only 35 years old.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05