Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Buying Morgan's In Bulk

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
421 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  12:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jbedwell to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a question on an opportunity I came across and just wanted confirmation. I have the opportunity to buy 315 Morgan silver dollars at $20 a piece. Now most are AU (ungraded) and common dates and about 15 are pretty worn so just Silver value and 10 that would definitely hit MS. I understand $20 is a good price but I have to buy all or none. They have been stored properly. What are your thoughts. Thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
1551 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For $6,300 I think I would buy some coins that I really wanted. 315 Morgan's is a lot. I would have to venture to say that there would be a lot of duplicates! However, if your good at marketing there is a possibly to make a good profit though it would more than likely take some time to sell that many! I personally wouldn't do it!

Edit: I forgot to ask if you are able to view thes coins?
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....

My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
04/21/2018 1:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3373 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What would you want to do with them? Will the idea of a massive stack of Silver Morgans get your engines running? Or do you want to sell them and make a little money on the side at some point in the future? Or will they just tie up $6k and sit around?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3157 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a good deal and you can sell them easily later. Some people stack 90% junk silver, or bullion, its fun to stack morgans/peace. I did.........I have nearly 1,000 of them but I sold the majority to pay off some bills and all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1587 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you're sure they are all genuine and you have the time, you can't lose. You could sell most of them for a slight profit and keep the MS ones for free.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17373 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All or nothing at $20 each would probably be a nothing for me just because I'm prejudiced against Morgan's because of their availability.

Try calling a few dealers to see what they would offer. I doubt any will be at $20.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12461 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What would your end goal be by doing so?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For that type of transaction, I would be at spot but I would never tie up that type of capital for morgans. They're a dime a dozen. I pick them up out here from pawn shops at spot when they come in and quickly flip them.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can get them for less on facebook, there's tons of silver dollars going for $18.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Auctions I frequent are selling by the boatloads at $18 and less. Now true there are BP's but the flipping profit for that quantity will be negligible, $2-4 per coin. Venture to say the MS/AUs will be 1921's, those are $16 at auction today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1380 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll tell you what I'd do with them--I'd pour them onto my living room rug and roll around in 'em!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2714 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2018  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be tempted if there is a good range of dates and MM and I was just starting a date/ MM set.

But then again I like Morgans.
Valued Member
United States
421 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jbedwell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the feedback! I got them down to $18 each. I not worried about spending the money I want to get them for my 2 boys and give them to them when they turn 18. I have put other coins away for them and it may be something they want to keep or help put a down payment on a house after college, they are 6 & 7 years old now
Pillar of the Community
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You made a nice buy at $18 each.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3157 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good job, if you get your boys into coins, they will really enjoy what you did for them
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Narrowback44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great buy its a lot of fun. Enjoy with the boys.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05